New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante What is the name of Custom CSS file in the database?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Joanna

Hi there.

I would like to kindly ask you for help. I have deleted something from my custom CSS code by mistake and I broke my website. I would like to find in my backup files from yesterday the Custom CSS code only, instead of restoring the whole website.

Is it possible?

Thank you,

Joanna

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Have you deleted the custom css code Admin > Theme Options > Custom CSS?
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Joanna

Hello,

Yes I deleted part of the code from there. Not everything just a part of it and I would like to find it in my backup files to copy it back.

Thank you,
    Joanna

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You will need to contact your host to see if they have any sort of backup you can restore

– Kyle

Joanna

Hi Kyle,

Yes, as I mentioned before, I have the backup files. What I need to find is the custom css file as I do not want to restore other changes. I just need to find this one file with the custom css code.

I tried looking for files named: custom, custom-css but no luck, this are not the files with this code. Hosting provider and wordpress support forum said that support of my theme should know how is this file called.

Thank you,

Joanna

Kyle – SUPPORT

The theme options custom css is not stored in a file it’s stored in the database in the options table, so you’ll need to restore that

– Kyle

Joanna

OK, unfortunately I still don’t know how to find that in the backup files. Will restore the CSS manually instead.

Thank you for your help.

Joanna

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

– Kyle

Joanna
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

You would need to import the database into mySQL and use PHP My Admin to view the tables, go to the options table and find the custom css row

– Kyle

Joanna

I have managed to find options table but not the custom css row, any idea how it would be called?

Thank you,

Joanna

David Martin – Support

Look for the wp_options table within your database and the field should be sf_dante_options and the data would be in an array within the field option_value. It’s easier and far quicker to restore a backup if you do not have MySQL knowledge.

Thanks.

Joanna

Hi David,

Thank you for your help. I still had no luck. The problem was, I did not wanted to restore all the changes, just 2-4 lines of code with custom css background 🙁

But I will get it back manually, I have to give up this one! Thank you for all the replies and time spent.

Thank you,

Joanna

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem @Joanna

-Rui

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register