New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Using Font Awesome Icons – being stripped with SPB?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Tekguild

I’m trying to use Font Awesome icons inline in the SPB, but they are being stripped out.

For example, I’m trying to use it within a text block – in the content area of the text block I have this (specific text is replaced by dummy text to hide my client info):

<h2>My H2 Heading</h2>

At the end of that heading I want to place an RSS icon with a that links to the RSS feed, so I tried this:

<h2>My H2 Heading </h2>

But it’s being stripped out when updating the content/page.

If I don’t use SPB, it seems to work.

How can I accomplish this within SPB?

Thanks!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Can you please paste the code you’re trying to add into “code” tags, that’s what they’re for ๐Ÿ™‚
    Otherwise we cannot see your code properly, unless you added the same code twice intentionally?

Thank you!

Tekguild

Sorry, my bad. The code I was trying to use was this:

<h2>My H2 Heading <a href="http://linkurl.com" class="icon-rss-sign"></a></h2>

Melanie – SUPPORT

Try adding the icon like so:

<i class="icon-rss sf-icon sf-icon-float- icon-small"></i>

as per http://flexform.swiftideas.net/shortcodes/icons-links-with-icons/

Let me know if that works ๐Ÿ™‚

Tekguild

I don’t see a reference to that particular code usage on the page you referenced – am I missing something?

I’ll try it and get back to you!

Tekguild

Nope, it’s still stripping it out. We’re using a SPB Text Block with an <h2> element in it and, if I place the code you gave within the h2 and enclose it with an a href link, then save it, everything still gets removed other than the h2 tags.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi,

Please can you send me the link to the page you are trying to do this on, and if you don’t mind providing me with the login details so that I can take a look at this issue.

I’m guessing it’s because when you change from Text editor to Visual editor it strips out the icon markup as it is not supported in the TinyMCE editor.

– Kyle

Tekguild
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Please can you set up a new user, I do not have access to Ed’s email to change the password.

– Kyle

Tekguild
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

No I totally understand, I will be extremely careful!

– Kyle

Kyle – SUPPORT

You’re right it does get stripped out. I will inform Ed of this issue, it may be a TinyMCE problem not the theme.

However you can replace the text box with the custom html element and paste this:

<h2>Avid Blogs NAMM 2014 <a href="#"><i class="icon-rss"></i></a></h2>
    <p>Follow this blog leading up to and during the convention to get the latest news and announcements at NAMM.</p>

This works.
    Hope this helps.

– Kyle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.