New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Use custom excerpt in archives

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Tekguild

I’m updating a client site to 1.6 and wondering where the file is located for me to change the excerpt display on archives (archive.php) to the custom excerpt in the post.

Previously it was located in the /includes/post-formats/standard.php file, but that file no longer exists.

Thanks for your help!

Melanie – SUPPORT

sf-post-formats.php is the file you want to look at 🙂

Cheers!

Tekguild

Can I not move that file to the Child theme? I’ve tried it, but it still seems to be overridden by the file in the main theme…

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, have you made sure that the path is correct and the file that calls that file is also part of the child theme?

Tekguild

I have – see the attached screenshot…

Melanie – SUPPORT

Let me ask the developer about that

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@grokism – the best way to do this would be to override the function in your child theme functions.php file. It’s not currently possible to overwrite the file – but we are looking into ways of doing this.

Which function are you looking to override?

– Ed

Tekguild

I want to change the excerpt length or use a custom excerpt if there’s one in the post.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Copy the code here across to your child theme functions.php file – http://pastie.org/private/ijo4nqsbjujfan4nlizyq

Then you are free to edit that. Make sure you have v1.6.

Hope that helps!

– Ed

ur23design

Hello, Is there a way to do the same thing on the Dante Theme? I would like to make the Custom excerpt be the description on the Archive Page. Right now the Dropcaps I use cause the first letter to be missing on the archive page. Thanks for any time or help you may have to offer.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

@ur23design – Please create a new topic in dante category.
    Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.