New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Updating the theme messed up my admin translations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    Adrenaline22

After updating the site, all theme elements in the theme’s admin got messed up. How I can restore the situation without loosing frontend translations?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Theme translation files should be within a child theme so they are not overridden.

Do you mean the WordPress admin dashboard translations are missing?

Can you add a WP login so I can see better?

Adrenaline22

All the admin theme functions are messed up. Not WP/WOO. Just the theme; theme options, page options etc. It’s really hard to navigate the admin now..

David Martin – Support

Would you please add a URL/login so we can better understand what you refer to?

– David.

Adrenaline22

it happened on atelier and Uplift (localhost).

As soon I switched the wordpress language to Italian all the theme admin strings (and I do mean all, pages, theme options etc.) got messed up and filled with fuzzy translations (LocoTranslate).

Since I ran out of support for Atelier but the same happened to Uplift I can give my admin login details. Please confirm.

David Martin – Support

The fuzzy translation strings need to be changed/translated.

If you do not put your .po file within a child theme, it will get replaced by the origional on theme update.

Adrenaline22

So basically you’re saying that the original admin strings of the theme will get overwritten by nonsensical strings everytime I update the theme just because I switched the admin to Italian… unless I work with a child theme?!?!?!

Adrenaline22

I never touched ANY of the admin strings

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

If you switch to the Italian language, you need to add the translations first as the language file is likely incomplete.

Adrenaline22

Please guide me step by step to a sensible solution please.

David Martin – Support

To translate the theme, please read our KB article: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-theme-using-poedit/

Adrenaline22

I do not wish to translate any admin strings!! Because I’m not even native Italian, I just wish the English one to back. This has never happened to me before. Not even with your themes which I have a very high opinion of.

David Martin – Support

Your messages are really lacking clarity. To change the WordPress language you simply do so here:

Dashboard => Settings => General => Site Language

Adrenaline22

Example:

Site is set in general/Site language -> English
    Change site language -> Italian
    —-
    Result: Theme admin gets messy

Please don’t get me wrong. I love your themes. The only constant problem that I’m getting is with translations..

David Martin – Support

Yes, if you change your site language to Italian you do need to add your own translation strings to the Italian language file.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register