New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Updating page adds rogue spacing!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    bn86

Hello,

I need to use the TinyMCE Advanced plugin to stop WordPress removing my p tags (long story).

Anyway, this is causing a weird problem with the Page Builder. Whenever I update the page, some p tags are added around various shortcodes, causing nasty spacing to appear. I then have to go in and remove these spaces manually. Every time.

You don’t happen to know if I can fix this somehow? Perhaps there is a way to make Page Builder assets immune to the automatic addition of p tags..?

I also noticed that every time I update the page, I get an alert: “By switching to the page builder, any content not in page builder assets will be removed for consistency.” (but maybe that’s unrelated)

I’m using Dante 2.54 and WordPress 3.9.1

Many thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Are you using the page builder? Or just the normal editor?

– Kyle

bn86

Hi Kyle,

This is when I’m using the page builder.

Kyle – SUPPORT

You should only get that message when you already have content in the editor. As for the shortcodes, do you add this is the visual editor or the text editor?

– Kyle

bn86

It’s strange. I didn’t have any content in the editor – I build the page using one of the built-in page builder templates, so the shortcodes were already there. If I edit them, I use the visual editor.

I wonder if this alert is happening because I have a few (empty) WYSIWYG custom fields on the page?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Do you ever switch between visual editor and swift editor? You should only get that message if you do

– Kyle

bn86

No, ‘fraid not.. It’s probably something weird with my setup.

This is interesting.. I just made a brand new page, switched to the swift editor, filled it with one of your sexy pre-built pages and hit publish. Once the page refreshes, the alert appears! But I notice that one of my WYSIWYG custom fields has been filled with all the code from the pre-built page, as if it was populated at the same time as the main editor…

I accept that I’ve got a weird setup, so I guess this is more of a feedback than a support request.

It would be great if I could enable p tags and not have them create extra spacing though..

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok will look into it

Thanks
    Kyle

dynamogold

Hi,

any update here? I got kinda the same problem when I save a page for the second time. Breakes are transformed into paragraphs. What kills the layout.
    I’m using the swiftbuilder too.

I tired the TinyMCE Advanced plugin too and run into the same issues as bn86.

Is this issue related to the wp setup or to swiftbuilder?

thanks for feedback.

best regards,
    michael

Kyle – SUPPORT

This isn’t caused by the page builder, it’s the tiny MCE which auto generates paragraph tags

– Kyle

dynamogold

thanks for the quick reply, do you know a solid solution you can share?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’m afraid not sorry, make the edit via the text editor instead of the visual editor and it should work

– Kyle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register