New Landing How can we help? Atelier Updating child theme

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    mikefrisbee

I have this message:
    ‘Your theme (Atelier Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. You can see which files are affected from the system status page. If in doubt, check with the author of the theme.’

This is the first part of the Sytstem Status/Templates/Overrides (WooCommerce):

‪atelier/woocommerce/archive-product.php, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/cart/cart-shipping.php version 2.3.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.5.0, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/cart/cart-totals.php, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/cart/cart.php, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/checkout/form-checkout.php, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/checkout/payment.php version 2.4.7 is out of date. The core version is 2.5.0, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/checkout/thankyou.php, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/content-product.php version 2.4.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.5.0, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/content-product_cat.php version 2.4.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.5.2, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/content-single-product.php, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/global/quantity-input.php version 2.1.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.5.0, ‬
    ‪atelier/woocommerce/loop/add-to-cart.php version 2.1.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.5.0

In my File Manager public_html/wp-content/themes/atelier-child folder, there are only 3 files, Functions.php, screenshot.png and
    style.css

I thought to update the child theme I must replace the php files with the newer ones, but as explained, the child-atelier folder does not contain those files.

How exactly should I update my child theme?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    mikefrisbee

Thanks, Rui.

It doesn’t say anything about an update in Appearance/Themes.

I’ve downloaded the zip file. How do I now update the parent theme? Do I need to activate it first? In which case, presumably I should put the website in Maintenance Mode whilst I do that?

Also, I have two Atelier licences, for two very similar sites (.com and .co.uk, trade and retail). Can I use the same zip file to update the parent themes on the two different websites?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

yes you can use the same to update both sites.

Here some documentation of how to update.
    http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/how-to-manually-update-your-theme/

-Rui

mikefrisbee

Nearly there.

I’m following the instructions on the link and got to the step where it asks to delete the Atelier parent theme. However, I have this error message:

‘Notice: add_utility_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in /var/sites/m/mrsfrisbeesallnaturals.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658
    Cheating, are we?
    The requested theme does not exist.’

Earlier this week I tried to change the line on the functions.php file, but couldn’t find ‘add_utility_page’ (I copied and pasted the whole text file into Word and searched for it).

So at the moment I can’t delete the Atelier parent theme.

mikefrisbee

I can’t reactivate the child theme and get this message:

Notice: add_utility_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in /var/sites/m/mrsfrisbeesallnaturals.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /var/sites/m/mrsfrisbeesallnaturals.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3658) in /var/sites/m/mrsfrisbeesallnaturals.com/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1171

mikefrisbee

I’ve managed to delete the parent theme and replace it with the updated version of Atelier. I’ve also activated the child theme.

The homepage now looks like the attached image homepage02.jpg, yet when I view the homepage by clicking Customise on the child theme itself, it appears as it should be – see other attached image, homepage01.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

It seems that the Swiftframework plugin isn’t active. Can you provide me admin access to check it?
    Thanks

-Rui

mikefrisbee
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Was checking your site and it seems to be everything updated and working fine.
    Can you confirm?

-Rui

mikefrisbee

Rui,

There was a problem (specifically, the homepage) when I posted my last comment but next morning it seemed fine. Having said that, the same thing happened the other day – fine one minute, then the problem came back.

Take it that the problem is resolved but I’ll post again if the same issue returns.

David Martin – Support

It’s possible it was cache related, browser or plugin most likely.

Thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register