New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Update from 1.6.7 to 1.7 (iPad Header)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    johnpayne

Hello,

The header on the latest update has changed for the iPad.

It used to show a standard menu landscape and then a smaller menu portrait. (changed font size for portrait)

After this, it would drop down to a mobile version for phones, and obviously the larger version for desktop.

Since the update it’s wanting to put a mobile version on the iPad. I’d like to go back to a normal menu, is there anyway to do this? I assume some changes were made to the header for the new update, however for me it was perfect as it was!

Basically, anything below 1025px it’s putting in the mobile version, before the update it just made the main navigation a bit smaller and this was fine, until it got to mobile size and then it changed, which again was good.

I hope that’s clear. Advice and how to change it back please!

johnpayne

Uploaded old css files and header, hidden some bits that were left over via custom.css, bits that were not essential and didn’t work after uploads. Seems to be OK.

Not sure why the header was changed so much though? It’s much easier (for my site anyway) to not have a mobile version header until a mobile.

John

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Do you still have any issue ?
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, thank you for the feedback, but has this been resolved on your end?
    I’m sorry that the changes that have been made are not optimal for your installation ๐Ÿ™

leannel

Hi,

I have to second, third and forth all the other users about this change – it is such a big change to make from the original theme ๐Ÿ™ This is something that should have been given as an option if you do have people requesting it but to totally change it without a choice for the rest of your theme’s paying customers is very disappointing!

I reverted to an older version of the theme and that means my site looks normal again but I needed to update the theme to the current version for the Swift page builder to work properly with WordPress 3.9.

I followed what johnpayne did above and re-uploaded an old version of the css folder and style.css plus I also uploaded an old version of the header and js/functions.js file as suggested in another thread.

I still have the issue of a mobile menu on iPad. What else do I need to change and when will the option to choose this sort of navigation be available in the theme?

Not happy!

leannel

Actually sorry I need to add that the Swift page builder is not actually working with the latest version of WordPress in any case. I re-updated the theme once I realised it wasn’t working after my file changes but it simply places <br /> in the text editor section and that’s it. So it is not to do with the older css files etc.

Sorry if I should start a new support thread – just let me know if I do.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you… sigh…

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Sorry, but we had so many users say that the full menu was not usable on iPad and they wanted the mobile menu (which makes more sense) so we changed it. I have seen Ed mention that he may include thew option for the user to decide, however as of yet that option has not been added.

I will let him know that you also would like the option to chose, and I’m sure he will add it to his list for the next update

– Kyle

leannel
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @leannel,

I have to apologies, and admit that it was an oversight on my part. I’ve set aside some time today to work on restoring the original menu on iPad landscape, and adding an option for the mobile menu to appear on mobile landscape. I’ll do my best to get this update sent out today.

As for the page builder issue, the latest version of the theme is needed for WordPress 3.9 – if you are experiencing issues, it may be to do with browser cache and/or plugins. Bear in mind that the new standard WordPress editor functions slightly differently in terms of that in the Text tab of the editor, all the line breaks etc are shown now (this is WordPress, not the theme).

Apologies again, and I look forward to getting this updated build out to hopefully restore your happiness with the theme!

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@leannel – Send me an email via: http://themeforest.net/user/swiftideas if you can please, I’ll send over the updated build for you to try before I send the update out?

– Ed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register