New Landing How can we help? Atelier Undefined index: alt-gallery-hover in… error with Portfolio shortcode

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    marklindsey

Hi,

I’m getting the following error on a page that I have the Portfolio shortcode on:

“Undefined index: alt-gallery-hover in …/html/wp-content/themes/atelier/functions.php on line 422”

The shortcode is actually working fine, but I’m getting dozens of these areas between the page title and the portfolio thumbs.

Everything is updated to the latest versions (WP 4.7, Atelier 2.4.15) and was working with the previous versions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Mark

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I thinks that is just a warning because that variable(alt-gallery-hover) wasn’t initialized.
    If you disable the debug mode that warnings will go away.

Can I try to fix it in your site installing a plugin to edit the file functions.php?

-Rui

marklindsey

Thanks Rui,

I’ve disabled debug mode to hide the error messages now that you’ve seen the page, but I’m not using a child theme so I don’t think we want to modify the functions.php file, right?

Do you have any idea what’s going on here before anything is changed?

Thanks,

-Mark

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

it seems it’s the variable is not being initialized, it doesn’t cause any issue but is recommended to initialize it.

If you want you can enable again the debug mode and I can check what is the problem, whatever solution we found we will include it in the next update so no worries with that.

I can use the plugin Solid Code Editor to edit, but would be more comfortable with ftp credentials just in case I type any syntax error I can fix it immediately.

-Rui

marklindsey

Hi,

If this is a problem in your code base, can’t you test for the issue on your test platform and issue a code fix, instead of testing on our production server? I would rather my client’s site not be used as a test platform.

Thanks,

-Mark

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I couldn’t replicate it in my server using a Portfolio asset, that’s why I ask you that it could be something that only happens in some specific server settings.

What is the page where you are getting this error so I can test it in my server with the same content you have?

-Rui

marklindsey

Hi,

Ahh, okay, thanks.

I think I included the page in the initial post. Here it is:

http://neumabeauty.com/press/

I did give you guys access, if you want to dive in and have a look – I just ask that you not make any changes without asking first. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,

-Mark

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks.
    Manage to replicate with your content, it seems that it only happens with some specific settings.

Will check for a solution and we will include it in the next update, but will let you know what it was when I sort it.

-Rui

marklindsey

That’s great. Thanks a bunch Rui! This awesome support is why I’ve licensed this theme on 2 sites now, and possibly more in the future. ๐Ÿ™‚

I will await your solution as I’m sure it will speed things up a bit not having it draw all those errors. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!

-M

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words. Definitely there was an error, it was missing a validation.

I made some changes in the code and send it to our head developer, and he say he had correct that some weeks ago and it was suppose to be in the latest update but it’s not.

Will just confirm with him again if the code is ready to go and will send you a new functions.php to replace the current one.
    That will also be included in the next update.

-Rui

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register