New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Unable to modify the loop in my custom page-sd_article.php

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    sam_y2000

Hi guys,

I have used created a custom content type called sd_articles and have found the info on how to use the swift page builder with my custom types (http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/reply/reply-to-custom-posts-and-swift-page-builder/), however I am really struggling to get them to display on the page ‘articles’ – I found a few snippets of code that supposedly will show all items but all I have managed to achieve is the page title changing from the actual title of ‘articles’ to a title of one of my test posts.

No idea what i’m doing wrong – new to WordPress here – I was hoping to display the custom post types using the masonry layout included in your theme but did not think using the ‘portfolio’ option was appropriate, hence using my custom type!

If you could assist me in getting a masonry style blog layout minus the sidebar and just displaying my custom post types I would really appreciate it.

Related to this I had planned on using the recent posts carousel to cycle through all related articles, not sure if this is possible?

I look forward to your response!

Regards

Sam

sam_y2000

Just an update to clarify my issue – it appears that if I have archives enabled for my custom post type then browsing http://localhost/slug-name displays a blog style list of my articles.

As far as I can tell if I create a page called archive-sd_article.php based on a copy of archive.php I would then be able to customise the layout.

What I would like is to display my posts using the layout used in the portfolio and if possible use the filter available in the portfolio but I am not sure how to go about editing archive-sd_article.php – basically I want all the portfolio stuff but using my custom post type of ‘articles’ as my client posts both blogs and full articles I do not want them to share the default blog categories but have separate ones.

if you could advise me here I would appreciate it.

sam_y2000
    This reply has been marked as private.
    sam_y2000
    sam_y2000
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register