New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Two WooCommerce Stores, Two Categories, Two Setups on Same Website

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    alexwright

Hello-

My client is looking to sell two different categories of products on two different pages on the same website. No problem setting up products with two categories. Issue is how to display them separately, and ideally with different WooCommerce filters.

Curious if you have suggestions to pull this off. Think men’s clothing separated from women’s with different attribute filters for each.

I can set up pages for each and select Swift Page Builder > Products and select Asset Type : Categories and choose the category in Product Type. But this displays a page with the category Hero Image. That’s not ideal as it doesn’t display products. Clicking on the hero image does show the product category archive, but that page can’t have a custom title or easy SEO Controls (that I know of).

The above described page has a set of shortcodes like this :

[spb_products element_name=”XXXXXX” asset_type=”categories” category=”xxxxx” display_type=”standard” display_layout=”standard” multi_masonry=”no” carousel=”no” fullwidth=”no” columns=”4″ item_count=”8″ order=”DESC” button_enabled=”no” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]

Perhaps there are shortcode settings that could help.

I’d ideally like to set up different WooCommerce filters for each page, as there are different parameters for products in each category.

I see there is a multistore WooCommerce plugin, but that seems like overkill. And we’re not on a multisite.

Any advice? I’m sure you’ve run into this before.

THANKS,

-Alex

alexwright
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi Alex,

It would not be possible to use two different shop pages with the top shop filter when using the shortcodes from the Page Builder.

To integrate something like this you would either need to work with a developer or look for a plugin solution.

Thanks,
    David.

alexwright

Thank you for this.

Is it possible to have the Page Builder short code display products rather than the Category Hero Image?

Thank you,

-Alex

David Martin – Support

Hi Alex,

Set the Page Builder products asset to output the Latest Products.

alexwright

I see. Thanks. But that doesn’t use the WooCommerce top filters, which goes back to your original answer.

The category archives pages do use the WooCommerce top filters, but it’s not possible to set a custom page title or other SEO assets as can be done on a page.

It seems we’re back to needing a custom developer.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks,

-Alex

David Martin – Support

Hi Alex,

The category archives pages and the shop page that is set within the WooCommerce settings can use a custom page title. That is set within the YOAST SEO plugin.

Ref: https://kb.yoast.com/kb/how-do-i-change-the-woocommerce-shop-page-title/

The shop page that you define within the WooCommerce plugin options has the filters automatically added to the top. This is not something possible using the PB Products asset.

Cheers,
    David.

alexwright

Thanks for this quick and helpful reply.

I do remember that Yoast allows for custom page titles through the method you showed or through writing them on a case-by-cast basis from Products > Categories.

I should have been more clear – it’s not possible to write custom h1 header titles for category archives, correct? Screenshots attached. The Yoast SEO plugin does write custom page titles but I’m assuming your h1 header titles just come from the name of the category itself.

THANKS,

-Alex

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

No problem.

Yes you can edit those category names. WooCommerce => Categories => Edit. That would change them everywhere though and I have a feeling you want it unique to the page?

You can add a category description/image also in the same place.

alexwright

Old ticket here but please feel free to mark this as resolved. Got it all figured out.

Best,

-Alex

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

marked as resolved.

-Rui

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.