New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Two issues with the Blog

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    dekket

First off, I am completely unable to keep the blog posts under /blog/. The Blog Posts Page is set to the page with /blog/ slug, but it still ends up http://thesite.com/<category name>/<post name>
    The permalink structure is set to /%category%/%postname%/

Second, the Page Header on the Blog page just won’t show up… The ‘show page header’ tickbox is ticked in, but nothing appears. I’ve also tried enabling the Swift Slider with ‘posts’ but still nothing. I’m a bit baffled to be quite frank as I’ve done very little customization, and that’s all CSS…

dekket

I now see in the Documentation, that I _should not_ set the blog page in the Settings > ‘reading’ page. I wonder though – how can I then get the /blog/ in the URL of the posts?..

Cosmin – SUPPORT

You can insert a Blog element with the Page Builder in any page. So you’d simply create a page called Blog and insert that blog element. You’ll have /blog/my-post/ as the URL (provided that the appropriate permalink structure is used).

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

dekket

What is the appropriate perms link structure then? You saw what I wrote previously?..

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Apologies, must have been tired when writing that.

Have you tried setting your permalink structure to this?

/blog/%category%/%postname%/

Just tested and works fine 🙂

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

dekket

That works for the blog, but it screws up the portfolio. The portfolio LINKS become /blog/portfolio/<whatever>, but the portfolio pages don’t actually exist there. They are still on /portfolio/<whatever>

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hmmm, didn’t think about that.

The only option I can think of in this case would be to have a master category called Blog, to which you’d add child categories and have your posts belong in these child categories only.

Using /%category%/%postname%/ should then render blog posts as /blog/category-name/post-name

Regards,

Cosmin – Support

dekket

Yea I guess that’s a solution, albeit a bit clunky…

This is cause for some improvement on the portfolio-pages, no?.. I mean, this out to be solvable…

dekket

In order to even get this working, I had to do the same for all taxonomies. The Portfolio items had to go into portfolio > web, for instance, instead of just “web”.

The Permalink-settings don’t seem to play well with Flexform at all to be quite frank.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Well, post permalinks are strictly WordPress-related, they have nothing to do with a theme. Post permalinks are set in WordPress, they’re not set by the theme. The issue here is more with how you want to structure them, and that is a little outside WP’s reach.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

dekket

Ah I see.
    I’ve edited my category structure now so all looks fine URL and Breadcrumb-wise.

Thx.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

No worries, glad to help and to hear it’s working as you want it now 🙂

Regards,

Cosmin – Support

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register