New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme TWITTER API IS NOT WORKING

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    wwiderock

Hello,

I don’t know if you have closed the issue about Twitter plugin opened since JUNE, but as long as I have NO NEWS in the last 6 days and it is still not working, I decided open a new one.

The twitter plugin coming with the template is not working, at least for me, maybe it is already working for the rest, but not for me. There is an error message saying it is needed to install AUTH but when I do it breaks all the contents of the page, so I can’t use this.

Could you PLEASE help me and solve it?? I supposed there is support for this theme, am I wrong? It’s been more than one month!!!

If it was already solved, please, let me know the solution, because I didn’t get those news.

Thank you!!!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

This was fixed in an update back when the Twitter v1.1 API update was pushed live.

If enabling the Auth plugin breaks your site, then I’d guess it’s because of some sort of plugin conflict. Can you try enabling the auth plugin with no other plugins enabled?

– Ed

wwiderock

Hi!

Is this the update you talked about in your post last JUNE 12?

After that, some people answered saying they had problems with it, and I did too. You can see my posts on JULY 16, and JULY 28, (the last post there).

The fact that there are more posts than mine noticing the same problem makes me think that it was not fixed at that moment, (in case that this is the update you are talking about), and also, the fact that the twitter plugin has NEVER worked for me since I have installed the theme makes me be sure it has nothing to be with other plugins installed after that.

As long as I didn’t get any answer after JULY 28, or any update or anything about it, I think you didn’t do anything about it, and tired of waiting, I opened this new post.

As I told before, maybe it was solved and I missed the solution somehow, in that case, please let me know, if not, please try to help me this time.

Thank you!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Can you let me know the issues you’re having? As in the page builder asset? Or widget?

We’ve tested this here, and it works without a hitch.

You have the Twitter oAuth for Developers plugin enabled and set up correctly, yes?

– Ed

wwiderock

Hello,

NO, I don’t have the Twitter oAuth for Developers plugin enabled and set up because, as I already told you, it breaks the contents of the web when I try. (Just in case, I have tried again 2 minutes ago, before writing this).

In your post from JUNE12, I read “We’ve just pushed an updated theme version to update the Twitter assets within the theme, in line with the new v1.1 of Twitter’s API. The v1.1 update requires oAUTH access, so we’ve had to incorporate that into how the theme pulls in Tweets.”
    I bought Supreme Theme version 1.4 on JULY8 so it is supposed the last version at that moment, and I think it should have already installed all the modifications to make the plugin work, am I wrong?

The Twitter oAuth for Developers plugin has NEVER worked for me, neither sidebar nor page builder, NOTHING. And of course, Twitter api doesn’t work either.

I understand I’ve bought the theme updated and with plugins working with no change in the code needed, isn’t it?

Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Yes, no code change needed.

Right, ok. So the issue is that the Twitter oAuth plugin conflicts with something. Do you have any other plugins enabled that could be conflicting?

Would be good to check if the oAuth plugin works when nothing else is enabled.

We use the plugin here, so we know it works.

– Ed

wwiderock

Hi,

Yes, I have tried, and unless there is an update I didn’t get, it didn’t change. As I already told you in my previous posts, it has NEVER worked for me. It means it did not work with or without other plugins.

Thank you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

If you could provide a login in a private reply here, i’ll happily take a look and see if I can work out what’s wrong with your setup.

– Ed

wwiderock
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    wwiderock

Hi!

I’m sorry I couldn’t write you back till now.

The Twitter API is working perfect now.

Thank you very much for your help!! 🙂

Melanie – SUPPORT

Fantastic! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register