New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme TWITTER API is not working again

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    wwiderock

Hi!

The twitter api is failing again, ๐Ÿ™
    It does not read any tweet published after the api was made.

I don’t know exactly why is happens, but the failure is specific with the twitter user which the api was made for.

I have tried other twitter users and work perfect for them, (even without any api), but not for the inner one. Maybe there something fixed somewhere?

Probalby it is something easy to solve, but I can’t find it.
    Could you help me?

Thank you

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

This does not happen on our installations, so if you need help with a specific problem on your website, I would always need to see your site live please.
    Could you tell me your website URL please? You can do so by typing it into a reply.
    If you want to send a private reply that only you and the admins can see it, please scroll down and enable the checkbox to do so.

Also, we might need to check the backend of your website, so to speed things up, could you let me know your login details please?

Thanks and cheers!

wwiderock
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Can you link us to the thread you’re talking about when you say we fixed something?
    We need to know the history of that problem and maybe the person who fixed it will need to check it out ๐Ÿ™‚

wwiderock

HI Melanie,

The issue started when I bought the theme. The first reference is in this one:
    http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/twitter-api-v1-1-update/

After no help in that one, I opened other one, and finally, after a few weeks I thought it was solved. Here you are the link: http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/twitter-api-is-not-working/

Hope you find it useful.

Thank you.

Melanie – SUPPORT

I will forward this to the developer directly then,
    all the best!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@wwiderock – I don’t think it’s failing, but it looks like it doesn’t show RT’s or replies, is that correct? Can you post a new tweet to test?

– Ed

wwiderock

Hi Ed,

It does not show RT’s, Replies, or anything I publish on that twitter account in any way. The account publish correctly and works correctly connected to other sites as hootsuite. I have tried publishing from hootsuite and from the main twitter account, and it doesn’t work with any of them.

I have already tried again now, just before writing you, and it still doesn’t work.

In one of the tests, I got the twit displayed after unabling and abling again the widget, but I never got it again, (even trying the unabling-abling), and now, a few minutes after deleting the testing twitt from twitter, it is still displayed on the web, but none of the other twitts has been published. There is no update on it, that’s why I think it is failing.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Just to check your settings in Settings > Twitter Feed Auth

Make sure “Twitter Feed Screen Name*” is blank, and try setting “Cache Duration (Default 3600)” to something like 600? That would be 10 minute cache, rather than 1 hour.

– Ed

wwiderock

Hi Ed,

Twitter Feed Screen Name was already blank, and so it was the Cache Duration blank. I have changed this to 600 and nothing happens. Any other idea?

Thank you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Would you be able to test another twitter account for me? I’ve tested BBCBreaking here, and it updates perfectly, no issues at all.

Just trying to narrow down what the actual issue is here.

– Ed

wwiderock

Hi Ed,

As I have told when I opened the issue, I have already tried other accounts and it only fails with the twitter account the api was made for. With others it works perfect.

And also, I have tried if it could be a failure in the account, but updates correctly in other sites.

Than makes me think that the problem should be somewhere here. It seems something is fixed since the other day, when you solved it the first time. ๐Ÿ™

Thanks.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks for posting back, I will also assign this thread to Cosmin and hope he can chime in and help you as well!

Cheers

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Sorry, I forgot about the part where you said you’d tried other accounts.

It’s very odd that it’s only your account. It points towards something to do with your account settings on Twitter, or something related. It wouldn’t be anything to do with the theme as far as I’m aware.

You could try checking any cache folders within the WordPress install to see if something is corrupted in there?

– Ed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register