New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Translation. Right to Left Language FIle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    gladwynlewis

Hi,

I need to translate my website (www.wearepixelvector.com) to Arabic and Romanian. In the slider, there are images, etc. Can we put different text in a different language for the site on the sliders? For example, if I am in Romanian, will my sliders (currently in English) change to Romanian and/or Arabic.

Also finally Arabic is a right to left language, how does this affect rendering, etc?

Thanks,

Gladwyn

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

You need to create 3 new sliders for each language, and while translating the page you can change the slider shortcode.

I forward this to another support staff for confirming.

Thanks,
    laranz.

itzramphis

Hello,

I can help you out with this situation.
    First, you have to create a slider based on your default language, I mean the default language you setup, except if you give the option at the beginning for selecting the preferred language. If that’s not the case, and you have actually a default language, start by that language. Make sure that all the text are in layers, and you could do that on Photoshop or whatever designing software you work with.

Then inside the settings of Revolution Sliders plugin and once created the first slide you could go ahead and duplicate the sliders and translate them into the three different languages you work on.

For widgets translations you could look for the plugin called “Widget Logic”. Once the plugin is activated you have to go over the Widget area, and drag whatever you want to translate, i.e., Text widget, by having that enabled, you will eventually have an option below for you to set the strings of your preference, you could google that based on your needs.

Let me give you an example based on a Text widget option:

If you have a website in Spanish and English, you have to create two Text areas for both languages. On the widget logic area below the Text areas, you have to paste:

For Spanish language:
    ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'es'

For English language:
    ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'en'

So this code you command the WPML to know that you have different languages, and different widgets. See I just changed the characters that represent the language: -en for English and -es for Spanish.

For other translations such as forms, posts, pages, you have two create 3 different of their own and translate them by yourself, but you can do that by clicking on the “+” below the flag of the language you want to convert the posts and pages. On the other hand, using Contact Form 7, you have two create a form for each language, and the messages that the user will see eventually. You have to create different menus as well.

For the strings, and by that I mean the translations belonging to the own theme, you have to use POedit, which means you have to translate sentence by sentence. You could download it for free, but before I recommend you to try reading this:

I give you all these explanations because I know that eventually you will be facing these issues. Even though Arabic is a right-left language, it won’t affect the theme, but try to figure it out by doing a demo in your local server. I hope all this info can help you out. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact me back, I will be delighted to help you with topics related to translations issues.

Best regards,

-Ram.

itzramphis
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks itz!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register