Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    ncoyle

The WPML translation plugin that is recommended with this site costs $79. Β It also appears that automatic translations are not possible with this plugin and either the writer of the site must translate everything manually or pay for a translator at a rate of $0.09 per word. Β If this is correct, I would hardly call the theme “translation ready”…..

Is it possible to put a free automatic translation plugin (such as those powered by Google translate) that would pop up in the bar with theΒ Show translation aux option (world icon)?

Thank you,

ncoyle

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

I think you misunderstood what “translation ready” means πŸ™‚

Translation ready in a WordPress theme = the theme is coded so that you can use a en_US.po file that we provide, to translate all the text in the theme into one other language.

Multilingual ready is what you’re referring to with the WPML plugin; this offers the possibility to create a site that can be viewed in multiple languages – something completely different from “translation ready”.

The theme doesn’t come with any automated translators, please search for and use a plugin. I suppose you want free plugins, so check out wordpress.org.

Regards,
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

philadahlphia

How does one get and use the .po file to translate their site to another language?

how do I edit the language pulldown to not say demo and to only show the two languages that are translated?

-Phil

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi Phil,

you can try the plugin qTranslate, it offers automatic translations upon click, but only locally. You’d still need to create your .po and .mo files.

You can check this tutorial out: http://www.appthemes.com/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-theme/
    Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register