New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Translation – items in shopping bag / your selection…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
    Smutje

Hello there,

i am still having problems translating the following strings into the german language:
    1) when hovering over the shopping bag icon – 0, 1 or more items in shopping bag
    2) viewing the shopping bag: Your selection (.. item/s)
    3) checkout: labels “Postcode/Zip”, “Town/City” and placeholder input text “Street adress”, “Apartment”, etc..

I am running the newest version of the theme, edited the po files of woocommerce and neighborhood.
    Everything else is running fine.

When i put a new item in my shopping bag, i sometimes see the correct translation for 1 or 2 seconds hovering over the shopping bag item, but then the english text appears again.

Please help.

http://www.elbkalender.de
    By clicking on “Elbkalender” you can add an article to the shopping bag, and the shopping bag can be found by clicking on “Warenkorb”.

Thanks in advance

Hannes

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Those are sure inside the po file, try the latest po file.

1. 0 items remaining is in #32 in the en_Us.po file. (Open that in the text editor of your choice, say Sublime 3)
    2. in the shopping bag text (this text is used to display 1, 2, 3 etc items in the shopping bag text. in #2672 in the po file.
    3. Your selection is in #2636
    4. Those address fields are woocommerce strings did you try with those? Which plugin or method you use to translate woocommerce?

I attach the latest po file just in case, try with that.

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Smutje

Hi Laranz,

thanks for your help.
    I use poedit to translate.
    I found all the strings in the po files in neighborhood and in the woocommerce folder and translated them, but those changes do not show on the website.

But the po file i used is a little bit older, because i didn´t want to redo all the changes i already made. Could that be the problem?

Is it possible to import my old changes to the new po file you sent me?
    Or should i better use a plugin for translating or another program instead of poedit?
    And if so – any suggestions?

A lot of questions…

Hope you can help me

Thanks in advance once again
    and greetings from Germany

Hannes

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi Hannes,

I forward this to the developer, he will be in touch with you shortly on this.

Make sure you follow all the steps in this video, during the translation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xqcxncNmT0

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

POEdit should work absolutely fine.

Please update to the latest PO file. You can update the file that you’ve currently translated, that will allow you to keep your progress.

– Ed

Smutje

Hi Ed,

the zip file you attached was empty.
    And how do i update the po file i already translated with poedit? Don´t i need a pot file then?

And one thing that really irritates me is the following:
    When i put a new item in my shopping bag, i sometimes see the correct german translation for 1 or 2 seconds hovering over the shopping bag item, but then the english text appears again.

Doesn´t that indicate, that the translation in the po file is correct but gets overwritten with something?

Thanks

Hannes

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Apologies, attached the correct zip now.

That is the WooCommerce ajax updating the bag. You need to make sure you have the correct currency codes set in the WooCommerce options, so that they link to the language correctly.

– Ed

Smutje

Hi Ed,
    in woocommerce settings i had set the base location to Germany and the currency to euros.
    Ajax is still updating the translation from german to english.
    See attached screenshot for the woocommerce settings.

I can sent you a login if that would help…

Thanks again

Hannes

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Please check the following topic, as other users had this issue and found it wasn’t set up correctly on their end. http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/wpml-language-issue-with-cart-widget/page/3/#post-30228

– Ed

Smutje

Hi Ed,

thanks for the link.
    I read the post and just installed the wpml plugin, although i don´t need to have any other language than german on my site. Doesn´t change anything. 1 item in shopping bag is not translated.
    I deleted line 99 in sf-woocommerce.php. Didn´t help.

This is really a big issue for me. I would like to use the neighborhood theme for three different onlineshops in germany, but if i do not get this fixed i can´t use the theme.

Hannes

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Hannes,

So you only want one language on your site, not multiple to select from? If so then I apologise for any confusion, you should be fine without WPML.

My guess is that you’re using an old language file, and theme version? You should be running v1.3.4, and that translation file will definitely work 100% for the cart dropdown.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

daniella.borges

Hello,

I had the same problem, but I can´t replace the .po file because I already translated all things.

So, I tried to change this word into the code. I changed:

<div class=”bag-header”><?php _e(“0 items in the shopping bag”, “swiftframework”); ?></div> into sf-woocommerce.php and $cart_output .= ‘<div class=”bag-header”>’.__(“0 items in the shopping bag”, “swiftframework”).'</div>’; into sf-header.php but doesn´t work.

Where I need to change into the code for fix this problem?

Thanks,

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@daniella.borges – Please update your theme, that code has been changed to fix the issue 🙂

– Ed

daniella.borges

Ed,

I updated my theme yesterday, but I can´t replace the po file, I need the pot file to updated only.

My problem persist.

Thanks,

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

The POT file is the .po file.

In POEdit, go to Catalog > Update from POT file – https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4a3yut7lb0on7y/Screenshot%202013-11-23%2000.49.41.png

Then select the .po file that I attached. It will update the strings for you.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register