New Landing How can we help? Atelier Translation gone since Loco Translate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    JarJar

Dear SwiftIdeas Team,

I have set up a Shop with Woocommerce and added the Plugin “Woocommerce German Market” to make Woocommerce suitable to the German Law.

I had to translate many po files in many different folders to get everything working. In the end I wanted to give “Loco Translate” a try. According to Loco Translation it should make the translation process easier etc., but this was the worst decision I’ve made regarding this web project. Everything was working fine until then, even if I had to go all the way by editing via poedit and uploading it back via ftp, but since I installed “Loco Translate” none of the translations are working anymore.

All the translations seem to remain but the frontend is not displaying them for some reason.

I’ve read the documentation and other threads such as: http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/use-loco-translate-but-wont-work-and-translatation-woulndt-be-easy/ or http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/translation-and-css-issue/

Those are the directories that currently have usual de_DE.po and .mo files:

wp-content/themes/atelier/language/
    wp-content/languages/

those have woocommerce_de_DE lanugage files:

wp-content/languages/plugins/
    wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-german-market/languages/

I also happen to have a backup file for both the woocoommerce_de_DE.po files. in the directories above. I therefore think that’s where the “Loco Translate” must have messed something up. Since you know best where .po files should exist or shouldn’t I hope you can help me out here.

I really appreciate your help! Let me know if you need any further information!

Best,
    Bernard

JarJar

Oh and I forgot to mention that the translations are partially working. It’s not a global problem, some buttons are translated, others are not.

I mainly still need the translation for “proceed to checkout” and “view cart” as well as the other preview text when hovering over the cart.

After the klick, when I’m looking at the product detail page or at the cart – everything is translated correctly. Only the text when hovering over cart is still in English.

Hope you can help! I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
    Best,
    Bernard

David Martin – Support

Hi Bernard,

Have you recently updated the theme and WooCommerce? You may need to get the latest translation files and update them?

Are you using a child theme? If so also update any language files you may have within that.

-David.

JarJar

Hi David,

where do I get the latest translation files? Is there sort of an archive where I can download them?
    I’ll update them and get back at you …

And yes, I’m using a Child theme. There do not appear to be any languages files involved ..

Best,
    Bernard

David Martin – Support

Hi,

If you download the latest zip file from your account at TF, the languages will be in the themes /language/ file.

Cheers,
    David.

JarJar

Hi David,

I’ve updated all the files. No changes.
    Feel free to take a look at our site: https://jarjar.de/

You will see that everything has been successfully translated except for the “cart” area.

In addition to that we’re experiencing a few other problems:
    The Mobile Overlay Menu is not working
    Pictures in the Blog are way to big even reach into/under the sidebar: https://jarjar.de/muesli-to-go-becher/ (and picture attached)
    The Overlay Menu and the “normal” sized Blog Picture are just fine in the backend. But on the frontend everything seems to be different.

I know those are different topics, but maybe they have something in common with the non-translation-issue.

Hope you can help me out here.
    Best,
    Bernard

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    JarJar

Hi,

and could you also check out why the star rating is displayed in the middle of the product picture:
    https://jarjar.de/shop/page/2/

Thanks & have a great day!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Add the code below to your custom css option to adjust the stars position.

.woocommerce .products .preview-slider-item-wrapper .star-rating {
        top: 0px!important;
     }

What is your admin login url?

-Rui

JarJar
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Replace my previous code by this one.

.woocommerce .products .preview-slider-item-wrapper .star-rating {
        top: -90px!important;
        margin-right: 20px!important;
    }

Hope it helps.

-Rui

JarJar

Hi guys,

I’m still having issues regarding the translation of the “proceed to checkout” and “view cart”, you did not address those.
    Please take a look: http://jarjar.de

In addition to that I’d like to ask how to implement the adwords conversion code, if the “order-confirmation” page redirects back to checkout instead of being on a page of its own. I only found this thread, but I would prefer another solution.

Best,
    Bernard

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Bernard,

We have tested this thoroughly and it definitely works when set up correctly. Can you confirm that the translation is confirmed and not fuzzy, and also that the PO file has been updated from the latest en_US.po file?

– Ed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register