New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Tour section anchors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Kirsten

Hmm and the weird thing is. It works fine on your asset references page: http://cardinal.swiftideas.com/asset-reference/page-builder-assets/tabs/#tab-3

Same theme version…

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

yes, this is the tabs functionality that we will also implement in the Tour Section.
    Inside the page it won’t work at the moment. Will suggest that functionality to Ed.

-Rui

Kirsten

That would be great if that functionality could be implemented. Those internal links on the same page are very handy for user-experience.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

ok.
    As soon has I have some news on the tour section will let you know.

-Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you give it a try on the Tour anchor? You need to clear the cache and all offline content.

http://www.essenceiam.nl/producten/#zkm-verlies

-Rui

Kirsten

Yeah great. From a different page then where the tour section is placed it works like a charm!

Now I hope you guys can also make it work onpage.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

It’s already suggested. Can’t promise anything ๐Ÿ™‚

-Rui

Kirsten

I have another question concerning anchors for tabs.

Something weird is happening. On my site http://essenceiam.nl/home in the fourth footer column I have 8 links. The first 6 go to the “Methodieken” page and are 6 anchor links to the 6 tabs. They all work fine. Also when I’m allready on the “Methodieken” page.

The last 2 links go to the first 2 tabs on the “Producten” page. Those don’t work well. When on a different page than “Producten” it works. But on the page “Producten” they don’t work. It is exactly set up the same as the “Methodieken” page.

Any idea on what’s going on?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Will check it and let you know.
    -Rui

Kirsten

Have you had a chance to check the issue?

Kirsten

UPDATE

I found out what the difference is between those two links and why one of them isnt working when the anchors are active on the same page as the links are.

Working anchor link: /methodieken/#zkm
    But in reality the link is: /over-ons/methodieken/#zkm
    So it works when not correctly linked.

With the second links I had the real link as anchor: /producten/#ppr but that just don’t work on the page that has the anchors. So I made up my own non-existing link /p/producten/#ppr and voila the anchor works.

For now it’s great that I got it working because the site will be live soon, but ofcourse I would like to have a more permanent solution to this issue. Making up fake links to get something to work is not my kind of workflow ๐Ÿ™‚

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Apologize somehow I missed the topic. The problem here is the same we talked before, when you are in the page where the target anchor exist it doesn’t work because needs additional code.

With your workaround it works because it’s a different link from the current page and the browser reloads, each time the browser reloads it looks at the end of the url top check any anchor links and in that case it will work.

We will have to fix this situation so that internal links with anchors can work without any problem.

-Rui

Kirsten

Yep I understand!
    Keep me informed.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

Kirsten

Hi one more question. The anchers to tabs work fine in my browsers Chrome, Firefox and Safari. But my client is using Internet Explorer 8 and he claims that the links dont work properly and they scroll to the footer. I don’t have explorer to check the issues.

You can click on any of the anchors in the menu underneath “producten” or on the anchors in the fourth column of the footer. See screenshot of my client.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register