New Landing How can we help? Cardinal top bar – mobile and full website shortcode conflict

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    nikosk

Hello and best wishes for the festive season.

Please read carefully as I have done extensive testing and I am explaining everything.

I want to use a language translator on the top bar of the theme for both mobile and full desktop.
    I specifically want https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-language-translator/

I do this succesfully with the shortcode when I use it on mobile top bar-OK
    I do this succesfully with the shortcode when I use it on the desktop top bar-OK

**The problem is when I use BOTH shortcodes ([google-translator]) simultaneously for mobile and desktop together-NOT OK
    When I do that the mobile shortcode continues to work and the desktop dissappears.

***When I use another authors plugin that offers shortcode in one mobile or desktop what happens is two dropdown menus appear. (see attached picture) The menus that appear are from the plugin I have placed the url above.

**This happens also in the latest swift framework 1.65(?) and cardinal theme with latest 4.4 wordpress which I tested on a seperate instance. So this is excluded.
    From four different plugins I have tested only one worked and did not have the functionality that I needed.

Please intall this plugin and you will see that the problem is easily reproduced.

If we could do a little edit in the cardinal child theme that would be great.

Regards,

Nikos

**PS please take note that this only happens when I want to enable the translator language box option.
    When I use flags only it works. When I use flags and language box then the language box does not show up only flags show up.**

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

We suggest you use the WPML plugin, we created the theme to be fully compatible with this plugin.

If you wanted to get the other plugins to be fully integrated, you will need to hire a developer to assist you.

Thanks.

nikosk

resolved

David Martin – Support

Great, glad you got it.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register