New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Title Overlay Text Color doesn't seem to work for us

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    calebweeks

Hi SwiftIdeas,

Question: Would you be able to figure out why the Post Meta “Title Overlay Text Color” is not changing the h1 title?

In the Post Meta > Title Overlay Text Color it seems to only apply to the breadcrumbs.

Screenshots attached showing that #ffffff is the color but it is still black on the frontend.

Page URL in question: Happy MOther’s Day

Thanks Swift!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Thanks for letting us know, will report to the developer to fix

– Kyle

calebweeks

Hey Swift Team,

Do you know if this fix made it into the 1.2 release of Uplift? It doesn’t seem to work, as of initial testing now. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks for writing when able! 🙂

David Martin – Support

Hi,

For a single post view, you need to use: Meta Options => Page Title => Page Title Text Color.

You are also overriding this in your child theme, you will likely need to also remove that.

/*Page Title - Overlay*/
    .details-overlay h1.entry-title {
    	color: white;
    	font-size: 60px;
    	text-shadow: 1px 1px 8px rgba(0,0,0,.5);
    }

Thanks.

calebweeks

Hey David – thanks for your reply!

So I realized that I need to clarify a bit more about what the exact issue may be – forgive me!

I am using the Meta Options > Post Meta > Main Detail Options > Media Display to make the media display as “Full Width with Text Overlay”. That is, I am not using the Page Title area of the Meta Options – the “Show Page Title” is unchecked.

As such the instructions read for the “Full Width with Text Overlay” read, “If you choose the title overlay option, it is recommended that you hide the page title in the page title meta options.” I definitely have the Page Title area unchecked so setting the font color of the Page Title doesn’t matter in my case (if that makes sense) – this issue has to do with the Media Display rather than the Page Title (even though at first glance it would appear to be a Page Title issue).

Even still, I tested your suggestion above by setting the color in the Meta Options > Page Title > Page Title Text Color but this still did not solve the issue (which was expected as the Page Title section is unchecked/not active).

Regarding the Custom CSS that I added (which you referenced), I had to do that because no matter what I tried in the Meta Options, nothing would change the “Title Overlay Text Color” to white (as I need it generally) so I just adopted a white font for all titles via custom css. It would be nice, however, to be able to control this in the Meta Options on a post-by-post/page-by-page basis (which I think is the original intent of those options which, for whatever reason, just aren’t working).

As a side-note: if I do change the “Title Overlay Text Color”, the breadcrumbs are updated, just not the Title itself.

Does that help clarify a little bit more why your initial solution above doesn’t work, and also maybe help clarify what exactly the issue is/could pertain to?

Thanks again for your support as able!

David Martin – Support

Ah perfect, I follow you and I can replicate this.

I have reported back to the team for update.

Cheers,
    David.

calebweeks

Great – thanks, David! Will proceed as targeting each blog post through Custom CSS in the meantime. Thanks again!

David Martin – Support

No problem, this will be in the pending release shortly.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register