New Landing How can we help? Atelier Tidio Chat integration

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    skullo27

Hi I am trying to integrate the Tidio chat into my site. They advise I need to put the following code into my header.php just before the </head> tag.

I tried adding on the plugin custom js page but it did not seem to work, does this insert the code somewhere other than the header? Is there any way to do this without editing them files?

Maybe the problem is because of the script tags?
    <script src=”//code.tidio.co/xxxxxxxxxxxx.js”></script>

thanks
    Sam

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you tried the Tidio WP plugin? It’s not necessary to add any code.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/tidio-live-chat/

Give it a try.

-Rui

skullo27

Hi Rui, it’s funny you should mention that. I did that initially and it did not work properly and then I spent an hour on the Tidio support chat and they were not much help!

Any other ideas?

thanks.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I already tried that plugin in the past and it works fine. Can you try it again and just fill you Tidio acount credentials in the left side of the settings page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pts6z3aqas3j6l2/Screenshot%202017-04-11%2016.54.17.png?dl=0

-Rui

skullo27

Hi I did try that and it then tried to load some “unathenticated” scripts and messed up my HTTPS in chrome. It would not login in using that method, and then it would not show me that page again. Then the guy I spoke to on the chat on their website who made it sound like they were deprecating it. Sounds generally that their WP integration is not well put together.

I did try adding their JS to the header.php and it worked ok, hence enquiring about any way to do it without updating theme files.

thanks
    Sam

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

In that case add this code in the functions.php of your child theme. Don’t forget to adjust the url of the js

function tidio_hook_javascript() {
        ?>
           <script src="//code.tidio.co/xxxxxxxxxxxx.js"></script>
        <?php
    }
    add_action('wp_head', 'tidio_hook_javascript');

-Rui

David Martin – Support

You would use a child theme, you would not modify any template files.

Please install and activate the supplied child theme, inside the child theme functions.php file paste this, add your codes to where the HTML comment is. This will load the scripts into the head via WordPress action wp_head.

function sf_child_theme_head_script() { ?>
        <!-- Your code/scripts here -->
    <?php }
    add_action( 'wp_head', 'sf_child_theme_head_script' );
    skullo27

Hi, thanks that worked, although I used the Snippets WP plugin instead of child theme.

thanks
    Sam

David Martin – Support

Glad to help, if you have found the theme/support useful, we appreciate it if you can leave feedback on our item if you have the time as it really helps us out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register