New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Theme install has broken my site

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    lisabmurray

I just purchased this theme because I was migrating a site to another host and was told that there was an error in the header.php file that was causing an error and the site was causing the site to “break” according to support at WPEngine.

The site owner had hired a designer to implement the site and did not have an original version of the theme or access to the purchase code to redownload it.

I decided to purchase the theme to get a new license and provide the owner with the proper credentials, but when I loaded the theme, I was unable to access either the front or back end of the site and only a whitescreen was visible. I attempted to install the theme on another working site on a completely different host with the same result.

Is this a known problem and can you help me?

lisabmurray

I have verified compatibility with the current wordpress install, various plugins and browsers.
    I did download the installable wordpress file only – as suggested.
    I am still getting error messages on attempted install

“The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
    Theme install failed.”

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I need wordpress admin login detail and FTP login detail. Please attach also theme package here.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

lisabmurray

I’m not going to post my website and ftp access details on a public forum.

I don’t know why you need the theme package, but it is attached. It is the installable wordpress file.

I have tried this install on 5 different websites that I manage and each time I get the same result. I would rather just have a refund than continue to mess with this.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide just the WordPress credentials so I can check what’s wrong.
    The forum is not public, only the 1st question can be seen by unregistered users.

Set the reply as private reply so only our support team can see those credentials.
    Thanks

-Rui

lisabmurray

I still don’t feel comfortable providing access to my site.

I have followed all instructions, downloaded the installable wordpress package only and attempted to install numerous times on multiple sites. I can’t be the only one having this problem.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem with that but we do this everyday and it’s easier to find a solution.
    From the message you posted, maybe you are not uploading the correct file or something wrong with the file.

try to upload this one.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqzufcl7bvv73en/pinpoint_v1.62.zip?dl=0

-Rui

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register