New Landing How can we help? Atelier Taxonomy filter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Ian

First thanks for adding custom post types to the recent posts section!

As a further improvement for using custom post types, there is one further function that would make Atelier my absolute favourite theme for working with custom post types.

Being able to change the taxonomy that is used to filter the posts would be a huge advantage and make working with multiple custom post types a breeze.

Thanks as always.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Sorry can you explain what you mean?

– Kyle

Ian

Currently you can only filter by category, this makes sense for blog posts, but for custom post types other taxonomies may be desired.

Author for books perhaps or in my case “Solutions” for “Guides”.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok that seems pretty advanced, maybe there’s a plugin that already does it. But I’ll add to the list for you

– Kyle

Ian

If a another plugin is used it would make it difficult to have the custom post look and behave like standard posts. Atelier already lets you choose a custom post type for both the blog and recent posts page builder element, it just makes sense to be able to change how the posts are filtered.

As for implementation I would suggest under “Advanced Options” just below “POST TYPE OVERRIDE” that another pull down with “TAXONOMY OVERRIDE” be added.

I would appreciate if you would pass this on to the developer so he could evaluate how difficult this would be to implement.

I use custom post types often in my work and most themes are not much help with this. Atelier is just one small step away from making this easy.

-Ian

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok will add to the list for you

– Kyle

Ian

Thanks Kyle love working with you guys!

-Ian

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

sauranus

Hi guys, was this feature added finally? I would be much interested as well 🙂

Kyle – SUPPORT

Unfortunately this has not yet been added

– Kyle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.