New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Swift framework 2.0.2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    davidll

Hello Ed

Since I hit the update on one of my sites – I’m very hesitant to do so for the rest.
    I know people don’t like change. But the way the swift framework originally works is why i really brought into Swift themes (serval times / countless referrals).

– Not being able to see what is contained in which element is a real game changer (seen your post regarding update).. apologies for the repeat.
    – Not being able to see the size / ratio of the columns (half / third / etc) on rollover?
    – You can’t access the buttons when an image box is used in a tight column.
    – video embed element – has some really odd code showing .">info

Also I’ve read a few posts on shortcodes and buttons going missing – is there a central ‘post’ explaining these / work rounds? One site has over 40 shortcode buttons… just concerned

Also – and this is just me / my age… is there any way to remove the animated page screen with eyes / tumble weed? I don’t mind ‘there’s nothing here yet, add something to get started’. Just dislike whimsical gifs when the site is for a serious matter.

How long is it possible to run with the old swift framebuilder? (i know really boring question)

As always – appreciate all the effort that goes into this.

David

Mar21

Hi,

same questions for me here…. I had to go back to Swiftframework (1.66) to save my website… all the buttons have disappared and Swift Ideas support was not very reactive about it.

My customers were used to the old Swift Builder and the new one is a mess to use! I will not update my other webiste or build new one with this framework for the moment, as it could lead me to loose my time and those of my clients !

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

@Mar21 we will continue replying in your other topic.

@davidll

Regarding your observations, we removed some descriptions like in the Text Block asset so all elements have a similar height and so that will easier to move them around in pages with a lot of content.
    Of course we won’t remove this if we didn’t add a new option to rename the asset to whatever you want, so instead saying “Text Block” it can say “Introduction text” or whatever so you still continue to be able to easily identify the asset.

This can be done in all assets including Rows and columns, we think that this will really help to manage the content.

Besides the design change this were the major changes done.
    – You can rename the assets on the page
    – It will save the latest 20 changes on the page builder so you can revert them in real time.
    – The elements are smaller now to be easier to manage pages with a lot of content.
    – You can minimize or maximise the rows inside the page builder
    – There is a better asset search

Check this small video
    http://d.pr/i/w6MH/ak4P3e7c

Will forward your suggestion of displaying the size of the columns to the team and will check the 2 other issues.

-Rui

davidll

Hello Rui

And thanks for the reply – I’ve seen the video and I get the benefits.
    – You can rename the assets on the page.
    But If my sites already been built, and has 50 odd of pages made up of 15 elements per page – I’m hardly going to edit each asset to name them.

My main issue is that its all too much – before it was simple, refined and good UX. Now its multi layered, rounded boxes and not as intuitive. Maybe over designed rather than utilitarian. Its only my feedback.

D

WEswift

Hi Rui,

I am having the same issues since our company bases most of our sites off of the Cardinal theme with the Swift page builder so the idea of going through all of these sites and renaming all of the elements is not going to work of us or our clients.

There needs to be a preview of the content within the elements so it is clear what you are about to edit. Maybe a suggestion would be if you had the option of expanding all of the elements or contracting like you can for the row element as shown in the video?

Also ive noticed that when you are editing a element you can’t click the scroll bar to scroll down? (See screenshot)

Overall we have loved this theme because of the ease in editing and training clients to take over their own sites once we push them live. I agree with the other updates and appreciate them but not being able to preview the content within the element is not making things easier and needs to be looked at.

Thank you for you help in advance!
    Alison

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just a question before continue discussing this situation with the team , are you guys using the widget title of the text block’s?
    If you are using it we can use that value to automatically rename the asset.

Thanks
    -Rui

WEswift

Hi,

I usually don’t use the widget title because it comes with a certain style and I typically don’t want that.

Alison

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Was talking to our head developer, and he told me that it was already added in the latest update a new option to turn on/off the text description.

Check in the SwiftFramework plugin options like in the screenshot below.
    http://d.pr/i/xUyf/5aFbWdWP

Give it a try and check if that’s ok.

Thanks

-Rui

WEswift

Yes that worked!

Is it possible with the next update that that the Show Text Block Text enabled can be set as the default? We have over 50 sites that use this and we maintain most of them so it would be a lot easier to update these with an the next framework update since we use InfiniteWP plugin to update all our sites in one batch than logging in to each site to make this change.

Also did you find out anything about the click and scroll issue?

Thank you for your fast responses!
    Alison

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Alison

Unfortunately not, as it’s designed to be used without that option enabled. We can possibly advise on a database update to change the option if you wanted to bulk update databases? Only other option would be some code you run in a child theme.

– Ed

WEswift

Hi Ed –

Could you advise me on both options?

Also just wanted to verify that you are looking into the scroll issue?

Thank you!
    Alison

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, we are looking into the scroll issue. It will be fixed in the next update.

-Rui

davidll

Hello

Any updates regarding the buttons issue?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

The issue has been fixed and update will be released shortly

– Kyle

WEswift

Hi – Just wanted to check in on the feedback for the two options given above to set the Swift Page Builder “Show Text Block Text” enabled as the default across multiple sites?

1. database update
    2. code to run in a child theme

thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register