New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Supreme File Corruption

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    Jakk

Hi,

I purchased the Supreme theme through Theme Forest last week, but I’m having some technical issues.

The theme file seems to be corrupt. When I install it to my blog and activate it, it kills the website (the website goes blank) and I have to log-in to my host FTP to delete it.

I have attempted to install the WordPress installable WordPress file only, as well as download the whole theme documentation and upload the pinpoint.zip. Neither method works. I have also attempted to upload the theme file through FTP but this too results in the website going blank.

Note – the theme installs to WordPress fine, but when activated, it kills my site.

My website: techlech.com

I have attached the installable WordPress file.

Thanks,

J

Melanie – SUPPORT

What’s the error you get after activating it?

Can you try installing it via FTP?

Jakk

Melanie,

The error has been explained – after activating it the website is blank. It shows nothing and the dashboard is not accessible (it too is blank).

I have already tried installing it via FTP – the same issue > the website is blank. I mentioned that above.

I’m getting disheartened with this. I waited days for support on this issue and the first response I got asked me two questions, of which both were answered in my first post.

I need a fix for this issue. I can’t be the only one to have experienced it.

J

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Jakk,

By my experience, this will be because of too little PHP memory. I would normally suggest using this plugin – http://wordpress.org/plugins/change-memory-limit/ , but you would need to increase it before enabling the theme. Else, try this – http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

That will sort it, if your host allows.

Thanks,

– Ed

Jakk

Ed,

Thank you for getting back to me quickly.

I use Heart Internet, which has a 128M php memory limit. Why would Supreme require more than that? I don’t understand – I use the Pinpoint theme on another website of mine and it works perfectly.

This is also the only time (if your assumption is correct) that a PHP limit has happened to me (in 7 years of WordPress).

So what do I need to increase the limit to for Supreme to work, 256M?

J

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hmm ok, that’s probably not the case in this instance then.

Can you please enable WP_Debug, as that will then show up an error message on the white screen. If you can let me know what that error is, I’ll be able to better assist you.

Thanks,

– Ed

Jakk

WP DEBUG has been installed.

I just uploaded the theme fresh from the Theme Forest download. I have attached a snippet image showing it is installed properly.

The live preview showed up the same blank web page, so I activated the theme anyway (to try and get a bug code).

NOTHING HAPPENED.

My blog is simply blank again (visit http://www.techlech.com/). There is no error code to speak of.

J

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Jakk,

That is very odd, just do double check, WP_DEBUG is definitely enabled in your wp-config.php file?

Do you have access to your server logs? This may prove to show something. If you don’t then you could try asking your host.

It definitely can’t be a theme issue, but I can send over a fresh copy if you like via email?

– Ed

Jakk

Ed,

Please send over a fresh workable copy of the theme file to my e-mail address and I’ll see what this does.

I will ask my host today and get back to you.

Email: jakkbloggs(at)gmail(dot)com.

Jakk

Ed,

Update for you:

My host has given me these error logs which correspond to theme activation:

techlech.com [Wed Jan 22 22:30:51 2014] [error] [client 86.144.49.206:51636] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WPBakeryVisualComposerAbstract in /home/sites/techlech.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/supreme/includes/page-builder/composer/lib/abstract.php on line 11
    techlech.com [Thu Jan 23 11:59:52 2014] [error] [client 61.135.190.100:34780] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WPBakeryVisualComposerAbstract in /home/sites/techlech.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/supreme/includes/page-builder/composer/lib/abstract.php on line 11
    techlech.com [Thu Jan 23 14:56:10 2014] [error] [client 157.56.93.52:52985] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WPBakeryVisualComposerAbstract in /home/sites/techlech.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/supreme/includes/page-builder/composer/lib/abstract.php on line 11
    techlech.com [Thu Jan 23 15:04:58 2014] [error] [client 157.56.93.52:46768] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WPBakeryVisualComposerAbstract in /home/sites/techlech.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/supreme/includes/page-builder/composer/lib/abstract.php on line 11

What do these mean?

J

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Jakk,

Please can you disable Visual Composer before enabling the theme. Our page builder is a re-built version of Visual Composer, and hence they can’t be used together.

If you disable the plugin before enabling the theme, it should work 100%.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register