Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    SamBentley

Hey,

I’m having issues with the Facebook part of the subscriber widget, it keeps crashing whenever I add the facebook page ID in. Was wondering if there was a solution to this please?
    Cheers!

Sam

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Sam,

What theme version are you running and how are you adding the Facebook page ID (paste here the exact text you’re adding)

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

SamBentley

Thanks for the reply,

The theme version is 1.3.1, I tried using the username of the page which is ‘uniladpage’ and then I tried using the whole URL but neither seemed to work. (https://www.facebook.com/uniladpage)

Cheers,

Sam

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Sam,

Can you try using you Facebook page ID?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

SamBentley

Thanks, that worked a treat!

SamBentley

Just another quick question, I tried to add an advert to the header but when I did, the ‘home’ button in the menu shifted down and out of place. Is this something that’s happened before?

Cheers!

Sam

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Sam,

I can only suspect that the advert is too high and it’s pushing the menu down.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

SamBentley

Cheers for the reply! Will look at adjusting the advert height.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

You’re welcome Sam 🙂

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Vitor Goersch

Hi Guys,

It seems I am having the same kind of trouble as SamBentley. But I have tried using the Page ID also and it keeps on crashing. I had been successful with one username as I was testing, but then when the real page was created and I tried to change the widget crashed and starter displaying the message “crossnetworkingbrasil is not a member of the page table. method facebook.fql.query query SELECT fan_count FROM page WHERE page_id=crossnetworkingbrasil “.

Crossnetworkingbrasil was the first username I was testing. But now even if I change to some other username, page id or whatever it keeps showing this at the page widget. I have also tried deleting the widget and inserting again at the sidebar or even uploading the widget php file again, but it didn’t work. Is there anyway to reboot this?

Thanks

Vitor

Cosmin – SUPPORT

You need to use the ID, not the name.

Use this tool to find it: http://findmyfacebookid.com/

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Vitor Goersch

Hi Cosmin,

Yes, I can see that now. But it seems that somehow there is some kind of cache making some of the data the widget uses stick to it. After I had the problems yesterday, I took out the facebook id from the widget because even with the id (not the username anymore) it was crashing and showing that error message on the page. Today, maybe after it “rested” for a while, I tried again and it worked, it didn’t give me any error message. But if I try to change the id to some other page, the link changes, but the counter keeps showing the number of fans from the first id. Is that normal? Is there a way to reboot it?

Thanks,

Vitor

mrl72

I am having the same problem. Once you enter a facebook ID it caches it and you can’t change it.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Thx.

jamestux

I had the same issue at first – when you leave it for a while it sorts itself out – I’m not sure why it sticks the junk data for a while though

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi guys,

Facebook API requests are cached, so it may take a while until it refreshes and it uses your correctly inserted Facebook page ID.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register