New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Subcategories heirarchy on sidebar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    midnite

Quick question, how did you guys set up the sidebar like this?
    http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/shop/

so that Accessories is the parent and the subcategories are under it indented, and if you click Accessories it goes to that page and the subcategories are always showing. in other words, exactly how you have it on the demo.

PLEASE don’t ask me for my login, the theme is to heavily modified and i can’t update, i rather just update the code i need on the files i need. i’m using Version 1.3.4. if you could just tell me what needs to be selected or checkmarked, what steps to take or a link to a support page i’d really appreciate it. thanks.

if the theme MUST be updated to do so, can you tell me what files effect this change so i could compare them with what i have?

Jnnk

got the same question. please let us know!

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi Guys,

Sorry for a late reply, I somehow missed this thread.

You can go to widgets and use this widget “WooCommerce Product Categories” after drag and drop in to the sidebar, you see number of options, in that check “Show hierarchy” it will do like the demo ๐Ÿ™‚

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

midnite

That worked perfectly, thanks Laranz! The problem was I had another plugin installed, WooCommerce Tweaker, and it was preventing the hierarchy to work as you guys have it on the demo. I disabled it and followed your steps and it worked. Thanks again, when you reply I know my issues will get fixed ๐Ÿ˜€

Jnnk

hmm strange. it doesn’t work at my site. i do see the subcategories but it’s all at one line. what i mean is that i don’t have any margin or padding between the main category and the subcategories.

so i filled in a little codework in the style.css page and now it works:

/* #Widgets
    ================================================== */

.children {
    padding-left: 10px;
    }

what i still don’t get is how to get the sidebar/category menu on all my the (sub)category pages. i only see it on my shop page, not when i click on a category/subcategory. can you please tell me how to fix this? thanks in advance

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi @Jnnk,

You mean, you want that sidebar on all the other pages?

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register