New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Sub menu always showing in dev tool

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    rely27

Hello,

I’ve got this strange effect that wherever I do right click to check with the dev tool in Chrome, it consider there is the sub menu opened, whether it is or actually opened… see captures.

If you look at “sub menu showing” pict you see that when I click right on the sentence in the middle “Venir à Penang pendant le nouvel an chinois ça doit être quelque chose.” instead of showing the code corresponding to this part it just show the sub menu which if I indeed activate it appear in this area (pict “sub menu showing2”)

Thank you.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You can remove the main nav by clicking on the its html element and deleting it in the dev tools. If it is such a hindrance. I am afraid its programmed so not much can be done about it.

All the Best
    -Tahir

rely27

I’ve been using few wordpress website using menu with sub items, it never ever happened this way.
    If the menu is not “physically” on screen, not hover there is normally no reason it appears by default by doing right click.

This is a non sense, on your demo it’s not doing this so it’s not “programmed”, maybe you’re just confusing about what i’m saying.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,

Yes you are right its not happening on the demo anymore. But it used to in the previous versions as i myself was not comfortable with it. What version are you using ?. Could you please update to 1.51.

Thanks
    Tahir

rely27

Humm… fact is that I already updated to version 1.51…

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Could you post your website url in a private reply so i can take a look.

Thanks
    Tahir

rely27
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, I’m afraid Tahir was confusing your question, and in fact I had to read it five times over two days in order to understand what you mean 😀

What you’re experiencing is a regular behavior of the Dev Tool, it will for some reason choose to show the submenu if you try to view a sentence that lays below the submenu if it was opened. If you try to select the sentence again it should work tho.

I experience this issue all the time on several themes I support, but all you can do is ignore it and make the best of this behavior 🙂

rely27

Yeah sorry for confusion, it’s not very easy to explain… this is the first time it happens to me so it’s quite disturbing as I tend to use the dev tool a lot. It should be in some way coming from the way the theme is coded no ?

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hey Mel,

Thanks For Explaining 😉 .

Best
    -Tahir

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register