New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Styling problems and missing content

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Sundaram

I’m a sysadmin for a small development company who recently inherited a client after they parted ways with the original developer of their site. Sometime after recent plugin and WordPress updates, the client notified us that the site wasn’t looking right and asked us to fix it. Part of the problem, originally, was that there was a conflict with either the theme or the Swift Framework, and a captcha plugin. Removing the plugin fixed most of the styling issues at that time, but there are still a few pages that aren’t working correctly. For one in particular (/enroll/student-apply-now), the page’s content isn’t showing up on the frontend, and it isn’t viewable in the source. If I enable a stock WordPress theme in place of Cardinal, the content can be seen. I’ve systematically disabled each of the active plugins to see if any were causing any conflicts, but to no avail. I’ve also verified that the permissions are correct for all files and directories.

There are no errors in either the PHP logs and there is no output in the WordPress debug.log. The only errors are in the console when trying to open the Swift Page Builder in the backend. I’m really at a loss for what to do at this point, so went ahead and purchased the theme in the hopes that we can get this resolved through product support. SFTP/SSH access can be provided upon request. Thanks for your help.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s because of this option.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u77mrcj22crlk7u/Screenshot%202017-01-10%2018.13.07.png?dl=0

The Page builder needs the Visual editor to be enabled.

-Rui

Sundaram

Thank you for you reply, and that does in fact resolve the page builder problem. However, the content for that page is still not being displayed, although it is showing up in the page source now.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Sundaram
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi Sundaram,

Yes I see what you mean, please can you disable all plugins leaving only Swift Framework and WooCommerce active whilst we look into this closer?

Sundaram

All but the Swift Framework plugin has been disabled. There is no WooCommerce plugin on this site.

David Martin – Support

Ah, the image of the boy in the classroom is set to fullwidth, that needs to be removed if within the Row.

I have done this for you as an example.

Sundaram

Thank you, that did the trick! I found approx. 20 pages throughout the site with images set to full width and fixed them. The interesting this is, looking at the revision history of those pages, I find that the most recent changes to those pages were from on average 6 months ago, and they all had the full width setting turned on since then.

Have there been an changes or fixes to that piece of he framework’s functionality since then, that would cause it to start behaving “as intended”, as soon as it got updated? I need to be able to explain to the client how this even happened in the first place.

Thanks again for your help!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

It was our updates of the SwiftFramework that caused this. We did some necessary structural changes in the Page builder that caused this situation.

Apologize for any inconvenience.

-Rui

David Martin – Support

We have adjusted the full width functionality in order to move forward with the builder developments. The full width image issue was an unintentional side effect – which left us in a tricky situation as we have users on both sides of the fence – users that want to be able to have an image break out of the column if full width is selected, and other users who don’t.

We are adding a filter in the next plugin update, which will mean you can add a line to your child theme to prevent the full width image break out. We can forward this onto you if it’s something you’d like?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register