New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Still having some issues with Blog Posts –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    kerwood

I’ve been able to get the posts to show up under the blog page – but.

1) Now that it is showing up in the correct place it shows only as an excerpt with no option to “Read More”. I have attempted to switch back and forth between excerpt and full content – show read more and do not show read more.

2) it is not showing the picture – I think it is related to the same issue.

3) not showing social icons for sharing. – Again, I think it is related, but not showing up.

Current link to page – http://www.continuitycorp.net/blog

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

1) If you chose to show the Excerpt when editing that Blog element with the Page Builder, then you also have an option called “Show read more link”

2) Have you set the post thumbnail for the blog posts?

3) Those should be in the single post itself – you have an option to enable/disable it when creating/editing a post.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

kerwood

Number 2 & 3 are resolved but number 1 I am still having some issues with.

I see all the options for show item excerpt, excerpt length, content output, show read more link under edit blog for the page.

The problem I have been having is for some reason when I change those elements to the setting I want and hit save, update – they return to the default settings and no changes take place. I noticed this yesterday. I tried several things cleared cache and rebooted as well. Still seems to be happening. Not sure why.

– of course clicking the link title takes you to the individual post where everything is viewable. I would still like to have the read more option there. Can’t seem to resolve this issue.

Ben – SUPPORT

Could you post your website and login details, we’ll try and look into why question 1 isn’t working.

Please post as a private reply (By clicking the “Set a private reply” checkbox)

Thanks
    Ben

kerwood
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ben – SUPPORT

Show read more link is set to no

Try and update this

Thanks
    Ben

kerwood

When I set it to yes – I hit save then update. for some reason it does not update to show yes. I’ve even tried to change the other settings as full content but all changes seem to revert back to the default settings they are currently at.

Ben – SUPPORT

Hmm have you got many extra plugins? Havae you tried in a different browser?

Thanks
    -Ben

kerwood
    kerwood

Still having issues with this –

kerwood
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hey,

Sorry this took so long, unfortunately we missed it in the queue as I forgot to check to get notified by email. Won’t happen again 🙂

So I went in and as before, it throws a JS error when I try to save the Blog element settings – still thinking it’s something wrong with plugins.

But anyway, I switched to Classic editor and edited the shortcode for you (since elements are basically shortcodes) – you now have read more on each post.

Still unsure what the heck is happening with that blog post from June 10th – can you try and re-create it?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

kerwood
    kerwood

I recreated that post but is still shows up at the bottom. I’d do a separate post tomorrow to see what happens.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Locking this one as there is a separate thread for the post issue.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register