New Landing How can we help? Atelier Sorting products hiccup ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    dm13

hi guys, I’m able to sort products in some categories but not others.. for example, the main category is called ‘guys’ and wont sort.. but if i go into the sub category ‘guys > bracelets’ i’m able to sort those products with the woo commerce drag and drop.. i cant honestly say for sure if i could sort the main category before the last update – i think i could, but not 100% sure. at any rate maybe its a hiccup or maybe there is something else i should be checking off in a box somewhere? thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please provide your link so I can check

– Kyle

dm13
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dm13

i’m not sure if you looked at it or not but tonight something weird is happening.. if you go to this page
    http://nightmaircreations.com/product-category/featured-products/

you will see text in behind the first row of product images. i added one new product, and it seemed to be fine until i added upsells — if i add one upsell, it adds the text of that product into the page! if i add two upsells, it adds the text of both upsells and then pushes the second product image down to the footer and squishes the footer outside the page margins… here:

Imperial Jasper Howlite and Skull Unisex stone bead bracelet

*edit now its okay again.. but the category page is still weird with text in behind. (first link), and the last 3 products on this page are showing both gallery images stacked on top of each other.. instead of one image and then a second when you mouse over it.. those products were added days ago –the only new product added in that category tonight was the very first one up top of page. thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You need to update the theme to 1.9.5, this issue was fixed

– Kyle

dm13

do you mean the Atelier theme? i dont see any updates on my dashboard for the theme.. i do see a major update for woo commerce that i havent done yet but thats a different number version than what you’ve listed. If you mean Atelier theme, where do i find the update? Thanks Kyle

Kyle – SUPPORT
    dm13

i’ll have to get my web host guy to do this.. i’m not knowledgable enough. Will you guys put the next update into the actual dashboard like before? hopefully 😉 Thanks Kyle.

dm13

ok so my web guy said i could do it as an upload zip file through the dashboard.. i tried, it failed. this message:

Destination folder already exists. /home/nightma/public_html/creations/wp-content/themes/atelier/

Theme install failed.

i really need to know how to do this other than through FTP to fix the issues on my site right now.. thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

That’s why you can’t upload it via the dashboard because the theme already exists, you need to overwrite the files, that’s why you need to use FTP.

The update is pushed to the wordpresss dashboard, we’ve had a lot of people update the theme with no issues. You must have some sort of security on the server that’s preventing update checks from third party URLs which is why you’re not seeing the update

– Kyle

dm13

ok the first part makes sense.. i guess it is something i’m going to have to learn and be comfortable with. Although the previous updates all came from the dashboard and i think they worked fine – or that could have been before i added a child theme ;p

as for the security thing on the server, it wouldn’t have been anything I did, and my web host hasnt done anything – I am getting update notifications about the various plugins so not sure what’s up.. just means i need to be more aware of the support forum and check the update thread more often I guess! I’ll do the FTP thing in the next few days and see what happens.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

dm13
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Fixed this issue, you had an error in your html of one of your product descriptions which broke the layout.

You had

<ulL instead of <ul>

– Kyle

dm13

Kyle thank you so much for this! Didn’t realize my laptop keyboard the ‘L’ key isnt working so I didn’t notice the typo and just carried on. This is very appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register