New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood some product pages show new images, some don't

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    creatorofstuff

I recently made a change to all of our product images, after which I uploaded them (with the plugin “Enable Media Replace”). When I view the products, only some of them show the new version (even in the product thumbnails), but some don’t.

The only place they all show the new version is when you enlarge the image on the actual product page (which is silly because 1/2 the time it’s smaller than the one you already see). Many of the product pages show the old image (except when you enlarge it.)

I know that all of the products have been assigned the new images because they are all there when you enlarge on the product page.

What is wrong? Do I need to regenerate thumbnails?

I tried to click on your link on this page:
    http://support.swiftideas.net/knowledgebase/product-image-quality/
    for regenerate thumbnails but it doesn’t work. If I need to do this, how should I go about it? Or if not, what is causing my problem?

Thanks very much!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I think that Enable Media Replace plugin is not working perfectly .

Thanks

creatorofstuff

That may be, but your answer is not at all helpful. I need something more specific. Should I be regenerating thumbnails? If so, how do I do that? Please explain.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi there,
    Use “Regenerate Thumbnails” plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/.Hope that will help you .

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

creatorofstuff

I thought I would reply to this in case someone else searches on this topic. I want to save someone else from having the experience that I had.

I tried Regenerate Thumbnails (http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/). This did not work. What I learned is that it will only regenerate thumbnails that are missing. (?) Apparently, anyway.

So I did some research and found this plugin – Force Regenerate Thumbnails (https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-regenerate-thumbnails/). It had pretty good ratings so I thought I would try it. I’m telling you now, do not do this. The minute I activated the plugin my images began to disappear from my site. Then nothing happened. Nothing was regenerated, but now my images were mostly gone, and the products all had broken image links, the image library had broken links, and the site was a mess. I attempted to login to my c-panel on my host, and was informed that my site had been suspended because of high cpu usage (which I assume was caused by the plugin, but also why the plugin stopped working). It took me about 24 hours to put the site back together.

I’m not sure how I should have gone about this problem, but this was not the way. Maybe deleting the thumbnails by hand through ftp, and then using regenerate thumbnails. Hopefully, I can save someone else a headache or ten. LOL.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thank you very much for posting this!
    I’m sorry to hear that you had to go through such a hassle.

It sounds like it’s working now?
    Let us know if we can do anything else for you!

All the best

creatorofstuff

Yes, all is well now. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome . I’m glad that issue resolved .
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register