New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Some issues and suggestions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    alikapadia

I’ve made a small list of issues I encountered with this theme. I’m also adding some suggestions at the end for things that will be cool to have in this theme.

Issues:

1. Drop caps don’t show in the mosaic blog list. There is supposed to be an “I” here. http://glui.me/?i=d39y62kyv3903wy/2013-11-27_at_10.38_PM_2x.png/

2. Strange triangle showing on the first blog post in blog list: http://glui.me/?i=s9kbyxpsq1dt6zt/2013-11-27_at_10.44_PM_2x.png/

3. Need a way to disable this heart icon love feature throughout the website. http://glui.me/?i=qf5n9qkc5f5v971/2013-11-27_at_10.39_PM_2x.png/

4. The movement behavior between “Parallax Video Height” and “Parallax Image Height” when both set to “Content Height” is different. In “Parallax Image Height”, the image nicely stays in place full screen, as you see parts of it being revealed through the box as you scroll up. However in “Parallax Video Height”, the video first scrolls along with the box and half way through, it slows down its scroll movement and slowly keeps moving up as you scroll the page down.

Suggestions:

1. An Instagram widget just like the flickr widget. Instagram is very popular now and I’d love to be able to have some support for it and even be able to have a portfolio like section made out of instagram photos that link directly to my instagram photo pages.

2. Ability to load vimeo videos inside the parallax background, not just a self hosted video. Regular hosting service providers aren’t that great at streaming video themselves, it’s always better to be able to use a third party service to take care of such heavy lifting. Right now, you can still make this work by digging deep in to the vimeo video to retrieve the mp4 file it is using and then sticking that url in to the parallax, but a cleaner vimeo url will be better.

alikapadia

5. Here’s one other issue I found. The related articles section shows thumbnails for blog posts that have images but then the default thumbnail shown for blog posts without an image is of a smaller size, causing an inconsistency in the row of images. Illustrated here: http://glui.me/?i=yzn19sli4remtt9/2013-11-28_at_5.15_AM_2x.png/

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Unfortunately this isn’t that simple, as most of the time we can’t use this due to the way the page builder uses shortcodes. You could try the following though:

Using Shortcodes in the_excerpt

2) Thanks for pointing that out, fixed for next update.

3) Added an option to disable this in the theme options for next update.

4) Do you have a live example of this? Will do some testing here.

5) Would require quite a few lines of CSS to set this the same height as each of the images, and the current height is the best for use across all device sizes.

———–

1) On the list – thanks!

2) I’m not sure this is possible, but will investigate!

Thanks,

– Ed

alikapadia

Thanks for looking in to these.

Issues:

4. I no longer have an example of that set up, I have my video set up with the configuration of the Parallax Video Height property set to Content Height now and I like the way that property behaves right now (simply scrolling the video up along with the page scroll – no double movement effect). Let me know if you are unable to replicate the issue and I will try to set that up for you. My website is currently in maintenance mode so we’ll get you an account for you to see the behavior.

Suggestions:

1. Very cool! Should I expect that in your next release?

2. So I tried sticking in a youtube video mp4 url by digging it up. At first everything worked fine, video was loading instantaneously at page load (thanks youtube streaming servers!). However, next day, the video stopped working. More digging around reveal that youtube changes the direct mp4 file url, and its not necessary that the mp4 thats playing from a direct url today would still work tomorrow. Not sure if vimeo also works that way. So it’s looking like it will really be helpful to add the support to link a youtube video or a vimeo video. I’ve seen a theme doing that before, but can’t find it right now.

When are you expecting to release the next update with the fixes?

Thanks again!

dschertz

I second the motion for an Intagram feed and Vimeo headers! That would be amazing!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

4) Gonna test this here, thanks for letting us know.

1) Maybe not the next update, as we have a lot planned for this – although we’ll try our best to do it soon. Is there no widget/plugin already that is available and good for this?

2) Thanks for the info, we’ll try our best to work something out!

– Ed

alikapadia

1. I found a few widgets but they were pretty bad, aesthetically speaking. Would be good to have something that merges in to this theme seamlessly. One of the widgets I tried to use required me to go and set up a new dev app on instagram, don’t think it needs to be that complicated.

Thank you for looking in to these!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

1) It may need to be that complicated if it requires authentication to their API in order to return the results – however I’ll implement the best method I can.

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register