New Landing How can we help? Atelier Some guidance needed re single-post.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    NiO

Hi Swiftideas,

I would like to make two custom versions of single-post.php. One that uses a sidebar and one that doesn’t. In addition, I want to change the placement of the title in the version with the sidebar.

On my current website, I installed a plugin called “Single Post Template” which allowed me to create multiple templates (like you do with pages) simply by creating a second version of single-post.php and adding a template header. Figured I could do the same in Atelier, however the set up is a bit different than I expected since you have a single.php in the root of the theme that does its sidebar thing and then calls single-post.php that sits in the framework directory.

So …. assuming I use a child theme for this … how to go about this? Change single.php in the root and single-post.php in a framework directory in the child theme? My big question is whether the child theme will automatically pick up the subdirectory in the child theme or not?

Do you know a better way to o about this?

Thanks for any guidance you can give me ! 🙂

Cheers,
    Johan

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi there,

Unfortunately that is not within the scope of our support as it is more work than a small customisation. While we’d love to be able to support every customisation request, we simply don’t have the time. We recommend that you seek a freelance developer if you need that functionality, potentially from one of the below resources:

https://codeable.io

Home

http://www.microlancer.com

Hope that helps.

– Kyle

NiO

Will figure it out myself. Thanks Kyle.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register