New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Social Share buttons

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Pothe.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Pothe

Hi
    Is there a short code to display the social share buttons in the side bar, for example?
    Thanks

Red

Hi Pothe,

I just did this (but not in the sidebar).

Go to Plugins> Jetpack> Settings> Sharing:

It says,

“Sharing

To configure your sharing settings, go to the Settings โ†’ Sharing menu.

Drag and drop sharing services into the enabled section to have them show up on your site, and drag them into the hidden section to have them hidden behind a button.

Full details can be found on the Sharing support page. This video also gives a swish run-down of how to use the Sharing feature. Watch it in HD for extra snazz!”

Here are the instructions: http://en.support.wordpress.com/sharing/

I was able to put all of the social sharing buttons I wanted at the bottom of each page and post, but I don’t see a way to put it in the sidebar…

Hope that helps!

Red

gcampton

[social size=’small’ style=’light’ type=’twitter,facebook,googleplus,pinterest,skype,instagram,youtube’]

Cosmin – SUPPORT

[social size=’small’ style=’light’ type=’twitter,facebook,googleplus,pinterest,skype,instagram,youtube’]

^ This, it’s exactly what’s used in the header options. Thanks @gcampton ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards,

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Pothe

Hi Guys, thanks for the help on this.

I think this is the social follow me buttons right? Not the social sharing buttons that I can add to each page or post in the meta options (powered by sharethis…)

Thanks for the advice Red,
    I am currently using WP socializer, as it gives me a lot of flexibility of where to place the sharing buttons. With their social sharing buttons the the share is via @mysite name rather than @sharethis. I can opt to use the sharethis buttons with WP socializer too, if I want the analytics they offer…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.