New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood social icons not appearing – confused

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    creatorofstuff

I’ve tried to scour your support forum to the answer to this but can’t figure it out. My social icons do not show. I’ve read the documentation that came with Neighborhood, too.

I’m only now getting around to filling out the urls for the various social media sites, and the instructions imply that this is all you need to do, but maybe I’m missing something?

“These are the fields that power the social shortcode. If you include a link/username here, then the icon will be included in the shortcodes output.”

Is there some short code I need to find somewhere? Thanks.

Barq™

Yes, you need to head over to:

Theme options > Header.

Then look for: ‘Top Bar right text config’

And paste the following code into it
    [social size='small' style='light' type='twitter,facebook,dribbble']

This will add the following social icons: Twitter, facebook and dribbble.
    If you want others, you can call them by their name.
    So for example: LinkedIn is for LinkedIn.

Simple isn’t it?

PS: make sure you have at least selected ‘text’ on the right – in the Top Bar Config drop down menu. (found on the top of the header config) and make sure that ‘Enable Top Bar’ is ON.
    But I guess you already figured that out 😉

Cheers,

Stan

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi @creatorofstuff

Exactly what Stan said, you need to use the social shortcode in the topbar config which is in Theme Options > Header Options

– Kyle

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please go to Admin -> Theme Options -> Social Options -> Here you can put your various social profile url

Use code like [social size=”small” style=”dark” type=”facebook,linkedin,google,pinterest,youtube” ]

Hope that will help you sure .

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

creatorofstuff

I really appreciate the help, everyone. Thank you, @Barq, for chiming in, too. I did everything in the list that @Barq suggested. And this is the code I added:

[social size=’small’ style=’light’ type=’twitter,Facebook,youtube,google+’]

The URLS for the social profiles were already filled out.

After all that, I still don’t see the icons when I look at the site. (I disabled cache, in case you are wondering.) Am I still missing something? Thank you!

sassypantsdesign.com

creatorofstuff

The plot thickens:

Per my message above, I just noticed that if I go to another page, two of the icons, Twitter and Youtube, actually appear, but not the others. I went back and made Facebook lower case, and that worked. Google+ still doesn’t show, and nothing shows on the homepage!

?

creatorofstuff

P.S. I changed “google+” to “google” but it still doesn’t show up. And still nothing on the homepage.

Kyle – SUPPORT

If you just include [social] that should work?

If not, please provide me with a link and login so I can look into the issue for you

– Kyle

creatorofstuff
    This reply has been marked as private.
    creatorofstuff

Looks like you fixed it??? All of a sudden it all works. Thank you so much! If it wasn’t you, then that is very strange, but I’m happy. 🙂

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yeah I managed to sort it 🙂

No problem

– Kyle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register