New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Social follow me for authors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Pothe

Hi,
    Any ideas on how to add social follow me buttons for the authors of each post.

It would be really cool to have the follow me buttons for each author, if available, in the author section – as shown in the screen shot. Ideally a facility to follow without leaving the page.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

For this customization, what I would do is use a plugin that has a shortcode for outputting the buttons and add it to single.php in the author-info-wrap area (starts at line 183).

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

Tekguild

There’s an easier way – just edit the single.php file and add the code in bold, replacing ‘your-class-name’ with whatever you want to name the class for the div so you can style it. I used it to add a little margin to the top of the social icons:

<div class="post-info">
    <div class="author-name"><span><?php _e("Posted by", "swiftframework"); ?></span>"><?php the_author_meta('display_name'); ?> on <?php echo $post_date; ?></div>
    <div class="your-class-name"><?php echo do_shortcode('[social size="small" style="colour" type="twitter,flickr,facebook,pinterest"]'); ?></div>
    </div>

thosch71

nice one, grok 🙂

Melanie – SUPPORT

Fantastic 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Social follow me for authors’ is closed to new replies.