New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Slow website, only just installed it

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Obviously our theme will be more stress on your server because it has a lot more code. However the wait is not a theme issue it’s your server, if you look in the bottom left of the window you will see ‘waiting for motivatedfellas.com…’

Look at our demo: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/XDXcJ/neighborhood.swiftideas.net the initial wait is 380ms

You can try using a cache plugin or CDN to speed up the website

– Kyle

smete135

Hi Kyle, to be honest with you, this is a very unsatisfactory answer and approach to the problem.
    Of course there will be a difference between the 2015 theme and yours no doubt but the difference is HUGE on our servers.

Under these circumstances telling me your test runs much faster doesn’t mean you created a lightweight template with clean and efficient coding, it means you set up a really fast server and perhaps have unrealistic expectations in terms of how fast your clients’ servers are.

A good theme should not only be pretty and functional but also light and efficient so that it loads fast on slower machines.

On a different topic about SSL you replied me exactly, “the theme is not the issue, it’s your hosting” and then it turned out it was the theme pre-loader that linked to the wrong files on an external server and there was faulty coding.

So can you please be more constructive instead of passing the ball to the hosting providers each time, help me work out a solution so that all your clients can benefit from it?

What can I start disabling and how can I do it to make the theme lighter?
    What kind of caching plugins would you recommend?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I understand your frustration, but when the browser is waiting for the server to respond, this is not an issue of the theme. Like I said, you can use a CDN such as Cloudflare or Max CDN, and a cache plugin such as W3 Total Cache to improve the speed of the site.

– Kyle

dannydesmond

Try disabling font deck, that was my issue. It appeared that the page was being hidden then shown really late. It showed up in Google developer tools as waiting on the server. It wasnt my server either.

I think font deck is turned off in theme options > font options > select Google for body font, header font and menu font.

Hope that might help.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks @dannydesmond

– Kyle

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register