New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood slow (required) plugins

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    creatorofstuff

Hi – In my continuing quest to get to the bottom of why my site is so slow, one of the (many) problems I continue to encounter is that two of the plugins associated with WooCommerce are significantly slowing down my load time.

I’m using the P3 Plugin Profiler to examine which plugins are most problematic, and consistently the Yith Woocommerce Wishlist is the worst of all, being responsible for 33% of my load time. I do not understand this, and wondering if you can shed some light on the answer. The WooThemes Helper plugin (which you need to stay up to date with WooCommerce) is the next problem. Here are the results from my most recent test:

Yith Woocommerce Wishlist – 1.4571 sec – 33.35%
    WooThemes Helper – 0.5396 sec – 12.35%*

*I did not notice the WooThemes Helper being such a big problem until after I did the WooCommerce update. Possibly it was still doing something in the background and will finish eventually? But every single time I have tested, the wishlist is a huge problem.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You don’t have to use the wishlist plugin, it’s just a nice extra. I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do about the load time of plugins, sorry

– Kyle

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

I forward this to the developer to take a look to shed some lights.

Thanks,
    laranz.

creatorofstuff

Thanks! I appreciate it. I’d be curious to know if anyone else has this issue. Incidentally, the wish list was not in use when this test was run. So that result is when the wish list is idle! I can’t imagine how bad it is when it’s being used.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Unfortunately the YITH Wishlist plugin is typically a little resource hungry, and they don’t seem to care too much about it. Unfortunately it was the best free option for us to support. You can try posting a question here, although I’m not sure how active they are with responses – https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/yith-woocommerce-wishlist

Haven’t heard of the WooThemes helper plugin being an issue before..

I think the test runs the plugins as if they were active – else they wouldn’t show any usage.

– Ed

creatorofstuff

I appreciate the response. I’ll try posting the question, but ultimately, I may just not use it. Is there any trick to hiding the wish list portion of the theme?

Thanks again.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@creatorofstuff – if you disable the plugin, you shouldn’t need to do anything else. If there is something, let us know as we’ll sort it.

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register