Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    jimmyjames

This might seem like allot to answer! but my website is experiencing very slow loading times.. and im looking for a way to improve my website speed! I ran a test using google pagespeed Insights and this is what they came up with. And I’m also confused as how the demo page loads so quickly?

Suggestions Summary from pagespeed insight

Enable compression
    Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network. (HOW DO I ENABLE COMPRESSION? im not sure if this is right but could i use the Quick Cache plugin? is this the same as gzip?)

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    Your page has 4 blocking script resources and 11 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page. (TO BE HONEST I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE 4 BLOCKING SCRIPT RESOURCES AND 11 BLOCKING CSS RESOURCES ARE..)

Reduce server response time

Leverage browser caching
    Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network. (How would set an expiry date or maximum age in the http header)

Minify CSS
    Compacting CSS code can save many bytes of data and speed up download and parse times. (I FEEL STUPID AND MY BRAINS HURTING.. i have no idea what this means or how i could solve it)

Minify JavaScript
    Compacting JavaScript code can save many bytes of data and speed up downloading, parsing, and execution time.

Minify HTML
    Compacting HTML code, including any inline JavaScript and CSS contained in it, can save many bytes of data and speed up download and parse times.(THE TEST SAID THIS AREA OF MY WEBSITE WAS FINE)
    Optimize images
    Properly formatting and compressing images can save many bytes of data.(THE TEST SAID THIS AREA OF MY WEBSITE WAS FINE AS WELL)

I apologize for the caps! my website name is http://www.Laveryoflaguna.com

Thank You,
    Jimmy

oytamuah

Im having this problem too. I just set up the basic demo content on my VPS (with all the server requirements suggested) and it’s way slower and performing poorly.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. Gzip is up to you, you can enable it in .htaccess or using W3 Cache plugin, read here: http://softstribe.com/wordpress/enable-gzip-compression-in-wordpress

2. For leverage browsing cache, use w3 Cache Plugin, there is some setting in the settings page of the plugin, else you can tweak the .htaccess.

3. Minify is done by some plugins. we give all files alone is for modularity for you to see and edit, tweak it better.

4. Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content, It says any file names?

Give it a read: http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/10-quick-tips-optimizing-speeding-up-your-wordpress-site/

Thanks,
    laranz.

runastartup

Same issue here running on a VPS. On top of that, I get some content to load, then it disappears and shows everything else after 1-3 seconds.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi @runastartup,

Can you post your website address?

Thanks,
    laranz.

runastartup
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Can you try disabling CDN also?

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

runastartup

Yes, the problem of “flashing” occurs regardless if the CDN and Caching is enabled.

runastartup

You can see this clearly happening on the homepage and some subpages like /magazine/ , /collections/

lexikonmusic

Not sure if this is an option for you, but I had my site hosted on MediaTemple and the performance was very bad like you mentioned. I moved it to Inmotion and it runs great now. I’m thinking Inmotion’s servers (shared) are just configured in a way that allows this theme to run better.

runastartup

Thanks lexikonmusic, the website is actually running on a VPS with MediaTemple so it should be faster, but I will be changing hosts if this “content flashing” issue doesn’t get resolved.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Can you try switching fontdeck fonts to google fonts? Maybe that cause the issue.

Thanks,
    laranz.

rominastudioidee

Hello, I have bought and installed Neighborhood and I have the same problem.
    I tried W3 Total Cache and HTTP Compression plugins, also gzip comression via .htaccess, the only solutions that seems to work a little is W3 Total Cache plugin, but it makes a very little emprovement.
    Could you help me?
    Thank in advance.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi Rominastudiodee,

Whats your website address?

Thanks,
    laranz.

kpotis

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

My site keeps going over it’s Memory Usage (currently set at 1TB) The Entry Progresses seem to be getting stuck. As a result the server becomes unavailable with a 500 Server Error.

I’ve done much of the things suggested here but still keep running into this issue. Any suggestions?

My address is http://xkvgoods.com

Thanks for your help!
    -Kevin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register