New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Site gone weird after update…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    WEswift

Ed – that is the correct website, but I still don’t see it that way. I’ve used OSX Firefox (49.0.2) and Chrome (54.0.2840.71 (64-bit)), both with the same incorrect result. A co-worker has seen the same issues and I have a third verification from outside of my office. I’ve created a test page from scratch and it has the same issues. If you login, you can see the preview page here: http://bit.ly/2dCCB7s Have you dumped your browser cache? -Paul

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Tried every different browser, tried incognito modes, still getting a perfect layout, can’t replicate any of those issues you’ve shown – very odd. Even tested on browserstack.com:

– Ed

lizjammal

Hello,

I just updated to the latest version of and the exact same thing has happened to my website. Every piece of content is now full width and it looks awful. This is one example: https://www.vivid-marketing.com.au/about-liz/.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @lizjammal

Looks as if the theme has not been updated to the latest version – or you have child theme overrides. Please check.

– Ed

lizjammal

Hi Ed,

You’re amazing, I didn’t know I had a child theme but it’s gone now and everything looks normal again.

Thank you 🙂

David Martin – Support

Glad you are back up and running with the site – please let us know by opening a new thread any other issues you may have.

Thanks.

WEswift

Team – strangely, after activating the core Cardinal theme (instead of the essentially default child theme) this has fixed the row width issues. I have no idea why this would be. The child theme was no longer being used for unique functionality so its use was no longer necessary. However I still think this shouldn’t have broken the layout. Thoughts?

I’m also still having weird issues with some parallax element images missing, or certain parallax elements not working altogether. I had to duplicate a working parallax element and replace it’s content from a non-working parallax element. Thoughts?

WEswift

UPDATE – it appears the “window height” setting of the Parallax element is not working. Switching to “content height” allows the content to display.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @WEswift

It would likely be a page template or file overwritten in the child theme which was outdated.

Hmm that’s odd – do you have any of the code for the parallax that aren’t working?

– Ed

WEswift

Ed – My child theme didn’t actually have any page templates in it. I only created it to include a function that would allow the Vimeo popup player to start at a specific timecode – which I commented out since this is now in the latest Swift Framework.

Please see my prior post about Parallax Elements – the Window Height setting doesn’t work. The page leaves the space for the content, but it doesn’t appear. Content Height does work however. Thoughts?
    -Paul

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks – will look into that and sort for next update.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

For now you can try this css:

.spb_parallax_asset.parallax-window-height {
        min-height: 100vh;
    }
    .spb_parallax_asset.parallax-window-height[data-v-center="true"] > .spb_content_wrapper, .spb_parallax_asset.parallax-window-height[data-v-center="true"] > .spb_content_element {
    	top: 50%;
    	position: absolute;
    	transform: translateY(-50%);
    }

– Ed

WEswift

Ed – thanks for the code. Unfortunately no dice. I have the Parallax element in a Row element. I’ve experimented with setting Window Height on both elements, or only on the Parallax element. Thoughts? -Paul

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hmm that might be your issue – Parallax aren’t meant to be used in Rows. If we can see that instance in action maybe we can find the issue – can you link us to that element alone on a test page?

Thanks,

– Ed

WEswift

Ed – Removing Parallax elements from Rows fixed all the issues. Was there documentation on this somewhere that I missed? Thanks again for sticking with this thread. Much appreciated!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register