New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Single Image Lightbox Not Working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    jaroljmek

Hi there.

I have a page of single images in a grid http://www.systems.co.ke/what-we-do/managed-services/

Some of the images are set to Lightbox. The screen goes dark when I press the loupe icon but the images do not pop up into a lightbox as they are meant to.

I’m using Safari.

Any clues?

Thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

Your images need to be linked to their large version, not to their attachment page (hover a linked image and you will see the link in the status bar – it does not end with a .jpg, but it leads to a page; the lightbox can’t display that).

If using WordPress’ gallery shortcode, there’s a core bug in it, it won’t link to the files correctly. So make sure, in Classic Editor, that the shortcode looks like this:

[gallery id="xxx" link="file"]

The link=”file” part is important.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jaroljmek

Hi there

I understand in principle but in practice I cannot see how to re-engage the lightbox. The shortcode is: [vc_single_image image=”ype-of-8418″ image_size=”full” frame=”noframe” full_width=”no” lightbox=”yes” link_target=”_self” width=”1/4″ el_position=”first”]

Other than checking lightbox (which does not work) I don’t see how to link to the image other than input it as an external URL. However, your instructions say this: “if you would like the image to link to a URL, then enter it here. NOTE: this will override the lightbox functionality if you have enabled it.” which discourages me from trying this option.

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your understanding.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Can you please privately reply with your WP admin login, so I can take a look at how they’re setup? Looks like there’s no link output for your lighbox images…

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jaroljmek
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Fixed it for you, not all single images were lightbox-enabled; had to edit and save again the ones that were too. Now all of them are opening in a lightbox, as it’s meant to be 🙂

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jaroljmek

Thanks very much indeed. Can you tell me what you did so I can get it right next time as I will be adding more images? Is it at the point when you load an image into the WP media library?

Thanks again.

jaroljmek

I think I’ve spotted it. Is it the

ype-of-

in the image=”ype-of-8418″ shortcode that we preventing the link?

Thanks

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

I simply went through each Single Image element and made sure no URL was set on it and that the Lightbox option was set to “Yes”, then saved them all, then updated the page.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register