New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Single image caption

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Charlie999

Hi

Maybe this is going outside of this support service, but i should want a transparent background to the caption text in single image and want it to show over the image (maybe a little below the center). I tried to change the css  myself and was almost there. I would be very grateful if this could be done.

Cheers, Charlie

Charlie999

By the way, i’m also want to be able to use some code in the caption: <br /> and <strong></strong>

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Charlie,

For the captions, 2 things:

1) background transparency example:

.example { background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);}

2) Positioning is usually done by having position: relative; declared, (or absolute) as well as z-index: 1; (the higher the number, the more in front it gets)

HTML in captions: not possible, WordPress will strip them out.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Charlie999

Thanks!
    Well, i was hoping to get the base code, because i’m stuck here.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Charlie,

We generally try to point our customers in the right direction, as we simply don’t have enough hours in a day to cover customizations.

I suggest using Firebug with Firefox and checking to see which elements need the CSS applied to.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Charlie999

Yes, i understand that. I have used Firebug and was almost there. I was able to add a transparent background to the caption and move it up over the image exactly were i wanted it. But the problem was that the transparent background was behind the image, not over the image. I was able to see the background when using a border to the image. The caption text was over the image.

So, do you have an idea why?
    Regards, Charlie

Cosmin – SUPPORT

The code I provided enables background transparency, it won’t affect the element that is above it. Try with opacity:0.5; instead

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Charlie999

Hi
    Just wanted to say that i finally figured it out, thanks to opacity instead. It’s not perfect because i’m not able to add html in to that caption, but quite nice anyway. What do you think about if there was more than one captions. Caption 1 with smaller text, Caption 2 with big text and Caption 3 with smaller again. Would that work and would it be hard to make?

Thank you for pointing me to the right way.
    Regards, Charlie

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Charlie,

Multiple captions is something that we don’t have in the theme and would require custom coding, you’d need to have solid WordPress development knowledge to add something like that.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register