New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Sidebars missing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    WEswift

Team – I’ve found other posts about missing widgets, but these are a bit older and only suggest updating the theme. I find I’m having the same issue. I’m using Swift Framework version 2.2.61 and the latest download of the theme from Themeforest. Is there a newer version of the theme than 2.5.1? Is there possibly another fix? Thanks in advance. -Paul

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You have latest version 2.5.1 of theme.
    Thanks 🙂
    Mohammad

WEswift

Thanks for confirming that I’m using the latest version of the theme but please address the issue. Applied sidebars are not showing up. Please advise.

David Martin – Support

Please add a WP login for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

WEswift
    This reply has been marked as private.
    WEswift

I’m not sure how this got marked resolved, but it is not. Apologies if I bumped that. Any advice on the issue?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Will have a look. Already changed it to Not resolved.

-Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

The problem was here in this settings.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbnpeh4kcfryy2g/Screenshot%202016-06-10%2013.02.20.png?dl=0

You can’t assign there the page that has the blog asset or it will load the default blog template and won’t consider what you placed in that page.

Hope it helps.

-Rui

WEswift

Rui – Firstly, thanks for fixing the issue. However, this seems like very odd theme prioritization. For testing purposes, I duplicated the News/Events page and made another widget area with sidebar one in it. When there is nothing set in Reading Settings > Posts Page, I get two columns of sidebars – as expected since we now have a right sidebar set in Theme Options > Archive/Category Options.

When I set the test page to be the Reading Settings > Posts Page it REMOVES the Widget Sidebar content area. That doesn’t seem like appropriate behavior. When I think about more local/specific settings (like in css) trumping more global settings, I would expect both sidebars to still appear in this instance. Why then would a theme setting REMOVE a content area? I don’t think a global Theme Options > Archive setting should be able to remove what I’ve specifically set as my page content. I can see now what is happening, but I would really appreciate some clarification on why this happens. My theory is that when a page is assigned to Reading Settings > Posts Page, the page uses a default posts page template. Is that close? Thanks again for the assist.

-Paul

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Your last sentences resumes what I was trying to say. I’m sorry if wasn’t clear enough.
    “My theory is that when a page is assigned to Reading Settings > Posts Page, the page uses a default posts page template. Is that close?”

This WordPress setting will force the page to display the default blog(posts) template. It’s an old option from WordPress that doesn’t make too much sense this days when he have assets in the page builder that can do the same and without a limitation of having only one blog page like in the past.

-Rui

WEswift

Rui – Thanks so much for the clarification. I understand what is going on and this will really help me going forward. Thanks again. -Paul

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Glad I could help.

-Rui

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.