Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    jovo

Hello. Is there any options to make the sidebar width smaller? I’m hoping to not switch to a child theme, so if there are any css or other files that I could change, that would be great. Right now, the sidebar seems too wide for the blog page. Thanks!

esucces

I would like to know that two

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, the content and sidebar relies on our grid system, so css would most likely break other sections of the theme, which means you would need to change the column width in the php code with the html class, not with css. If you can show me your website, maybe I can find custom css restricted to your blog page only to change it, but I cannot promise.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

I’m going to see if I can take some time to investigate the possibility of being able to change this. The only potential issue I can see at the moment would be the products, as these are fixed width.

Hopefully, this won’t be too much work and then I can add the option to change it in an update. Will try and find some time for this when I can.

Until then, it would be easy to add some extra spacing to make the sidebar smaller if that would be something that could work for you?

– Ed

jovo

Hi Ed. Can you please provide some suggestions on making the sidebar width smaller. I’m not using the shop products at this time, if that helps. It sounds like you might have some ideas for this in a coming update. Is there anything I can apply for the short-term? Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Try adding the following template to the parent/child theme. This should work for smaller sidebars. If you want you can always copy the code (removing the template name at the top) to the page.php file.

Hope that helps!

– Ed

esucces

Hi Ed, this works great – but not for the blog page. You have a solution for that two?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

When you mean the blog page, do you mean the page you have set as the Posts Page in Settings > Reading?

– Ed

esucces

Yes ED, thats the one.
    I also noticed the same problem for the Woocommerce product detail page – Also still wide.

/Jan

Paddaman

Hi There,

Also same issue. Really would like to use a sidebar on the product display page but the sidebar width screws up the display & spacing of the image & content 🙂

Enjoy!

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi @Paddaman,

I am sure Ed has this in the update list. Have assigned this to thread to him as well.

Thanks
    Tahir

Paddaman

Thank you!

Melanie – SUPPORT

I see the thread is not assigned to the developer, I will do that now so he gets notified about that.

Cheers

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi guys,

Could you tell me which sidebar you activate for single blog page and single product page? SO I can tweak that alone and give you the solution.

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Paddaman
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register