New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Show caption on image hover

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    mstookey

Hi,
    I’m having a hard time trying to figure out how to simply show an image caption (or any line of text) when hovered over. I’d like the 3 circles on the bottom of that page to fade out to text when the mouse is over them. I’ve tried a number of hover plug ins which are way too fancy. I tried the image banners but I don’t want them on page load, I’d like them on hover. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please set up an image banner and I will provide you with some custom css to only show on hover

– Kyle

mstookey

Thanks, Kyle. I’ve setup another row of the images and they are now image banners. Only new issue is that I can’t get them to center align.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Add this to your custom css:

.sf-image-banner:not(:hover) .image-banner-content {
      display: none;
    }
    .img-circle2 {
      margin: 0 auto;
    }

– Kyle

mstookey

They’re center aligned now, thanks. As far as the hover – it works for only one of the images at a time — and the image stays. I was hoping for the image to fade away when the text appeared on hover. Then to reappear when not hovering.

If it’s complicated with custom code, maybe my best bet is a hover plugin? They just seemed overly ornate and I wanted a simple fade in/ fade out … maybe i just need to keep looking.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hmm yes you may need to find a plugin for this functionality however I am unaware of any so Ic an not help you

– Kyle

mstookey

ok, thank you for trying. Wondered if I was missing something already built in to the template.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register