New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Should I create a Child Theme before I start to edit my template

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    Rob222

Just purchased the latest version of ‘Supreme’.

Before I do anything to setup my site the way I want it should I first create a child theme?

If yes, how do I create a child theme?

At some point I will be downloading bbPress forum and installing this bbPress forum within my wordpress site. Should I install the forum after I create a child them or before?

When it comes to upgrading my Supreme them, will the upgrade affect my bbPress forum software. I would hate to lose all my bbPress forum content due to upgrading my supreme template!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You only need to use a child theme if you plan on editing theme files / including your own files etc

If you, you can use a child theme, you will be able to update the parent theme as normal, you don’t need to update the child theme.

Installing BBPress will not affect the child theme

Hope this helps

– Kyle

Rob222

Sorry I’m confused. What if I change the colours of my template and update the theme to a newer version…Won’t I lose the colours of the template due to not making a child theme template?

Rob222

Plus if I install plugins as well, won’t I lose them during an upgrade if I don’t create a child theme template?

Kyle – SUPPORT

No not at all, the theme is just your sites appearance and functions. Plugins / posts / pages etc are all completely separate.

I think you are overlooking child themes, I do not think you will need to use one. Just use the normal theme

– Kyle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register