New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Short code generator not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    parismartintmc

Hello, I figured I would move my question to the forum per your suggestion- I’ve copied and pasted our thread so far, but I am still stuck:

jenniferdetar:
    Thank you for the wonderful theme. It has been so easy to work with, but now for some reason when I try to access the shortcode button, I get this message that pops up: ‘You are not allowed to access this page’

It was working before- any ideas on how to fix this so I can use the shortcode generator again? Thanks in advance!
    ———————–

This usually occurs due to server setup or permissions. Can you try setting the /includes/sf_shortcodes/ folder to 755 recursive. If that doesn’t work then maybe try creating a new admin user account in WordPress, and using that account to try and add a shortcode.

If all else fails, I would ask your host to see if anything has changed that could have caused this.

– Ed
    ————–

jenniferdetar
    Hi Ed, Thanks for your fast response, I tried what you mentioned above, setting that folder to 755 recursive, as well as create a new admin user. Neither of these worked, I then contacted my host and he said that the only changes were made was that the apc module was disabled, and xcache was enabled. Running the php file through the command line seems to function and reports no errors, however does still not work through wordpress. Any ideas on what is still preventing it?

*Also, could you tell me what php modules are being called with the shortcode functionality? what are the system differences with that? everything else works perfectly, only
    this is missing.

Thanks again for any input you can give!

parismartintmc

Just a follow up- I’ve hired someone to look into the code, it’s a wordpress problem and they have fixed it for me. Thanks for your help!

jazeppi

Hey guys,

This also is not working for me.

jazeppi

calebweeks

(same here – using the Child Theme. Thanks for any ideas!)

calebweeks

(Updated to 1.4.3 and don’t know if anything was specifically changed but it’s working for me – no more 404 Error. Thanks!)

tboogie

I’m having an issue with shortcodes as well. When I click the icon in visual editor, the mobile version of my site appears, no shortcode menu. What is going on?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

What Flexform version are you using?

Have you tried disabling plugins one by one, testing each time if it works? Might be a plugin conflict.

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

ashloudon

I have the same problem. Disabled all plugins and i get an error code (pointing to sf-header.php line 37 which is caused because WooCommerce is deactivated). WIth WooCOmmerce activated I just see the mobile version of the site showing the 404 page.

tboogie

Ashloudon based on your message I activated WooCommerce and now the shortcodes work! This is definitely an issue that the Swift Team should look into. Thanks for your contribution because it helped me 🙂

dome23

Hi there,
    thanks for a great but challenging theme. I am a newcommer and havn’t found the short codes either. So maybe it’s because they’re not there?
    Thanks for any help.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

They’re in the rich text editor bar from the Visual view when editing a post/page (in Classic view, not with our Page Builder)

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register