New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn Share Article from Facebook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    jgiitalia

Dear support,
    when I share FROM Facebook an article inserting the URL of the article, the resultsis that in Facebook I saw as image the LOGO that there is on homepage.
    And this happen for each article that is shared from Facebook.
    Is possible to choose from facebook a different image, and not the logo that is displayed automatically?
    This is the situation now on facebook, see attached image.

kind regards
    Vincenzo.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Can you paste the link you are trying to share here?

Have you set a featured image for that page/post?

You also have disabled the option for this, please enable it: Theme Options => General Options => Meta Options => Disable Social Meta Tags

jgiitalia

Hi David,
    You say: Have you set a featured image for that page/post?
    The problem might be this, I don’t know what to do, may you explain me better this point?

I enabled Theme Options => General Options => Meta Options => Disable Social Meta Tags now the situation is shown by the picture: “Meta_Option_ON”

ok the link http://www.janegoodall.it/index.php/blog-news/ represent the collection fo all our articles.
    Now when I try to link one of them form facebook, just for one of them, this is the link http://www.janegoodall.it/index.php/2017/05/25/raccolta-cellulari-lecce/ works the possibility to select an image other than the logo: SEE IMAGE “logo_plus_more_from_facebook.jpg”
    For all the other articles, only selectable image is the logo: SEE IMAGE “only_logo_from_facebook.jpg”.

Attachments:
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Edit your posts and set a featured image so this can be pulled in by Facebook.

Installing the YOAST SEO plugin can also help the Facebook OpenGraph tool scrape better content from your site: https://yoast.com/social-media-optimization-with-yoast-seo/

Thanks.

jgiitalia

Hi David,
    NOW WORKS, THANK YOU.
    so just If I can ask you some questions, I’d better understand the whole question:
    1) I enabled Theme Options => General Options => Meta Options => Disable Social Meta Tags now IS ON. It’s ok like this? What does mean ON?.

2) and I’ve setted featured image in my details post. See Image “featured image detail article.jpg”. I need your confirmation if featured image whom you are speaking of is “point 1” or “point 2” ?

3) And I’ve installed YOAST SEO plugin.

Anyway now works and I don’t know if YOAST SEO it’s necessary, but now works.

kind regards
    Vincenzo.

Attachments:
    David Martin – Support

1) It means the Social Media meta tags, the Open Graph data is added to your site.

2) Either one will be fine.

3) This will help no.1 further.

Thanks.

jgiitalia

Thanks David,
    as clear as ever.

vincenzo.

David Martin – Support

Glad to help you out!

If you have found the theme/support useful, we appreciate it if you can leave feedback on our item if you have the time as it really helps us out.

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.