New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood several alignment questions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    creatorofstuff

Hi. I have a couple of questions.

I recently created an entirely new child theme in an attempt to get rid of all of the junk code in the old one that were “fixes” to try and get things to work properly. (I was probably creating many of my own problems.)

1. Even after doing so, there are some problems. On the wishlist page, and the individual product page, the social media icons are not aligned properly. See screenshots. I would prefer not to start throwing more custom code in there to fix something that should not be broken in the first place.

Is this a problem with the theme or did I cause it? I don’t believe I made any customizations that should affect that but who knows.

2. This is less important, but it still bothers me. At the beginning of July, I asked about a problem with the “recent posts” item I have on the homepage not aligning properly. I was given the following code, which does work.

.recent-post{margin-top:0px !important;}

However, I also have a note in my css that this was to be fixed after version 2.1. Is that correct? Because apparently it is not fixed, since I still need the code for it to work. Again, I would like to figure out the problem, so I can dump that extra code.

I love the theme but I feel like I’m having to do a bit of patching here and there to make things work properly. However, I do very much appreciate your great support!

Thanks so much~

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you check your site because I’m receiving this error in the screenshot below?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh23o92vj1he49e/Screenshot%202015-09-28%2020.34.15.png?dl=0

-Rui

creatorofstuff

Sorry about that. I’m having a hard day. My site is down. ๐Ÿ™ I’m hoping it will be up as soon as possible.

Do you want me to reply to this when I know it is back up?

creatorofstuff

The site is up again. Would you mind having a look again? Thank you.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Apologize for the delay. Will check.

-Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Not sure if you changed anything but can’t see at the moment the social icons in the Wishlist page.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq8ty5pmzy1f8i3/Screenshot%202015-10-05%2011.46.54.png?dl=0

I compared our product page and our icons are all aligned. I tried to figure out what was causing, but just found some different line height in yours. You will have to use this css to align it.

.product-share .fa-envelope{
       margin-top:18px!important;
    }

Can you explain further what this that alignment issue in the recent post? A marked screenshot will help.

Thanks

-Rui

creatorofstuff

No, I have not done anything at all. I do not know why it did not show up on the wish list page. As you can see in the screenshot, it seems to be there now. And it is not lined up.

As I mentioned above, I created a completely new child theme in order to get rid of all of the fixes and bandaids I was required to use in order to make the theme work the way it is supposed to work. I really do not want to have to add code to my theme in order to make things line up. It seems like they should line up by default.

If there is something I have done to cause this, please tell me. I can’t imagine what it could be, but I’d rather fix that then add more bandaids.

This is the only code that has been added (which you told me to add to fix things) that I don’t completely understand. Is this causing it?

.post-1333 .alt-three.full-width-text:after {
    display:none!important;
    }
    /***to prevent right sidebar from dropping down on post page***/
    .single-post .sidebar.right-sidebar {
    margin: 0px !important; float: right;

Thank you…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

All this should work as default, please post a WP login for your site so we can more rapidly provide you with a resolution.

Cheers,
    David.

creatorofstuff
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Can you run these tests first:

1) Please disable all plugins, leaving only WooCommerce activate. Please now check that page, are the issues still there?

2) If the issues remain after doing no.1 please leave the plugins deactivated and activate your main parent theme. Please now check that page, are the issues still there?

Cheers,
    David.

creatorofstuff

Thank you for the suggestions. I was able to pinpoint the problem by doing that. Sorry. Duh, why didn’t I think of it without you having to make the suggestion. My apologies. Thank you for your time!

๐Ÿ™‚

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem, thanks David

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register